Disappointing T-Mobile Upgrade price

Guest KrashedKid

Guest KrashedKid

Just got off the phone to a T-mobile sales rep and i have to say my satisfaction with t-mobile is slowly declining. Ive had my wizard for 18 months now and today was upgrade day. An event I've been hotly anticipating for the last 2 months. when i phoned to see what price i could get on the Ameo i was quoted 120, which is what i was expecting and i thought considering i usually spend 60-80 a month on phone bills i would be able to negotiate this further. the sales rep said no, so i went to try and negotiate the price plan. no luck their either and infact he then informed me that the phone was 200 pounds. either im terrible at haggling or this sales rep is taking the mick. this, compounded with the fact that the last three month bills from t-mobile have been completely off and ive had to phone them to get them to correct it. i.e february's phone bill was 310 pounds, but in actual fact it should of only been 40 pounds.

I am deeply disappointed with T-mobile. originally when i moved from orange with my C500 to t-mobile i was over the moon with the priceplan + free wizard...but now im at a loss. looks like someone else is gonna get my business. i hope the other providers soon stock the ameo, or perhaps its worth my while getting the vox instead...although i was really looking forward to 3G connectivity

Edited by KrashedKid

Guest psionandy

As a general rule, Sales reps have a lot less flexibility negotiating, than the customer retentions team....

It may be worth saying you are leaving.. and speaking to them.

Guest KrashedKid
As a general rule, Sales reps have a lot less flexibility negotiating, than the customer retentions team....

It may be worth saying you are leaving.. and speaking to them.

It was the customer retentions team i spoke to. the upgrade office wasnt connecting for some reason. i made it perfectly clear that i was leaving and that he lost a customer, giving him plenty of chance to sweeten a deal...no luck ;)

Guest Dr Who
It was the customer retentions team i spoke to. the upgrade office wasnt connecting for some reason. i made it perfectly clear that i was leaving and that he lost a customer, giving him plenty of chance to sweeten a deal...no luck ;)

Port your number out to PAYG on another network and then buy the phone you want as a new customer. A month later port your number back. A PITA though.

• 4 months later...
Guest andybarker

i'm in a similar situation...

SE W880i on upgrade is £160, new contract is £100

Ameo with CoPilot on upgrade is £540 (£440 without Co-Pilot), new contract is £460 (but shows as out of stock on new, but not on upgrade)

Only half decent offer for upgrade is £10 a month off for 12 months (but 18 month contract) if I keep my current phone.

I should add that i'm only on the £25 a month package - and I normally have more than half of my allowance left each month! So not their best money making client!

Edited by andybarker

Guest andybarker

Checked again yesterday - £10 a month reduction has gone down to £5 a month whilst being tied in for 18 months.

Think i'll stick with no fixed term contract and keep my Vario. Maybe get a smaller phone from eBay.