Cingular 8125 vs Black Jack vs 3125 (vs sony w810i)

Guest altered_02

Guest altered_02

I have an Audiovox SMT5600 right now. I use the windows mobile features sometimes but I dont have a data plan.

I'm trying to decide between the 4 listed as a new phone. I will not be getting a data plan, I don't need my email enough to justify the $40 extra a month for unlimited data. I'm assuming I'd use up all 5MB if I go with the $20 plan and I don't want to pay for overages.

8125 sounds sweet, I love the fact that it can connect to a wireless router and can act as a modem. I don't like the massive size of it. I don't know if getting it without the data plan will make it a big hun of worthless ness. I've been traveling alot more for work, but I always have my laptop. I was thinking I can watch movies and mp3s on this guy and connect wirelessly, but it would be much easier/better on my laptop. I'm planning on building a carputer for my truck and this would be good to use as a modem, but I can see justifying the cost of the plan. How long do you go through the 5 MB if used regularly. Plus I heard that the call quality on it isn't the greatest. How does the screen hold up to scratches?

The Blackjack was sweet as well. Much smaller, great call quality, verizon video so I can watch live shows eventually. Doesn't have wireless or a modem, pus the fact that im not getting a data plan ould make it useless

THe Sony is pretty nice. I have an extra 2 gig sony memory card that I don't use. The phone had some cool features. I don't like the fact that it's not a flip phone though.

The 3125 is basically my phone newer. I hate the fact that the sd card goes behind the battery and sim card...it doesn't allow for an easy swap between my phone and mp3 player (which I just got)

What are all of your opinions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest altered_02

No comments on how you like this phone?

I saw that I can get GPS software for this. Will I be able to use it if I don't get the data plan?

I should be able to switch the sim card back and forth between this and my current phone if I don't feel like dealing with the bulkiness/don't want to ris breaking it on the weekend/etc.

Can you watch all sorts of movies on this? Do they need to be a certain format?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest da_truth540

I had a blackjack and now have a 8125, the blackjack is nice, has good call quality, better camera, and of course is a lot smaller, but it also has a TERRIBLE battery life, so even though it comes with 2 batteries itz a hassle to bring the other along and swap them out especially if u aim to use it as a phone and a mp3 player. i say if you can deal with the size definetly go wit the 8125, it has a lot more flexibility as far as customization and the touch screen is irreplaceable once you get used to it. also typing is easier on the 8125's qwerty. If you want style go with the blackjack, but you can't beat the 8125's functionality and flexibility, with or w/o a data plan.