all right, wheres Masterall...

Guest nothin

Guest nothin

Hello, as fanatic of ppc emulation i noticed lack fo one of best emulators programmer lately.

after change ppc to wizard i noticed some interesting differences with emulation on these both machines.. and now, Masterall's emulators gained status of very important, very fast programms.

as far i can see, that 260 mhz is almost equal to 400 mhz xscale processor, but emulators complied on wm03/05 usually are optimised for xscale, now, in ex. n0p snes eumlator, which was amazingly fast on xscale is too slow to be used, i tried 1.52 by masterall, and i can see almost what i saw on 400 mhz ppc...sound is still beynd the range...

finalburn, and picodrive are faster, than on xscale, BUT picodrive cant use EU roms, so its far worse than n0ps genpp, which is slower, though..;)

and so on and so on..

wizard seems to be nice device to make fun, but....

but... i cant see any progress in omap optimised emulators last few months..

Mikeeeeeey, wheres Masterall....

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
Hello, as fanatic of ppc emulation i noticed lack fo one of best emulators programmer lately.

after change ppc to wizard i noticed some interesting differences with emulation on these both machines.. and now, Masterall's emulators gained status of very important, very fast programms.

as far i can see, that 260 mhz is almost equal to 400 mhz xscale processor, but emulators complied on wm03/05 usually are optimised for xscale, now, in ex. n0p snes eumlator, which was amazingly fast on xscale is too slow to be used, i tried 1.52 by masterall, and i can see almost what i saw on 400 mhz ppc...sound is still beynd the range...

finalburn, and picodrive are faster, than on xscale, BUT picodrive cant use EU roms, so its far worse than n0ps genpp, which is slower, though..;)

and so on and so on..

wizard seems to be nice device to make fun, but....

but... i cant see any progress in omap optimised emulators last few months..

Mikeeeeeey, wheres Masterall....

lol me? why ask me?

i do know hes on some other forums but most are chineese.

so u say a 264mhz Omap processor is equal to a 416 Xscale processor? do u know how a 264mhz Omap would compare to a 400mhz Samsung processor? I'd like to know how pocketsnes and other emulators run on the hermes.

Guest nothin
lol me? why ask me?

i do know hes on some other forums but most are chineese.

so u say a 264mhz Omap processor is equal to a 416 Xscale processor? do u know how a 264mhz Omap would compare to a 400mhz Samsung processor? I'd like to know how pocketsnes and other emulators run on the hermes.

well.. i mean that 312(battery status cpu counter..)mhz wizard(260 mhz in tcpmp reading) is almost equal to 400 mhz xscale pxa263....

400 mhz palmax z710 had 1705 gxmarks

wizard 260 mhz 1765 gxmarks,

BUT on xscale snes with 44 khz sound all option maxxed 16 bits was possible, on wizard ANY sound is not.

BUT on xscale i had VERY optimised emulator, which is MUCH slower onOMAP processor... alternative for wizard doesnt exists..

my tests are simple: always chrono trigger and always earthbound.

i do not have any samsung device or possibility to test it... some years ago there was VERY good ipaq 1940 which had samsung 266 mhz, good RAM and was very fast... but is it similar to currently used CPUS.... i dunno...

btw.... such a pity, that picodrive cant use euro ROMS....

damn, i need WORKING atari xl emulator with configurable CONTROLS...ANY1??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Mikeeeeey, tell me on ear, are there ANY emunews for OMAPS?

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
well.. i mean that 312(battery status cpu counter..)mhz wizard(260 mhz in tcpmp reading) is almost equal to 400 mhz xscale pxa263....

400 mhz palmax z710 had 1705 gxmarks

wizard 260 mhz 1765 gxmarks,

BUT on xscale snes with 44 khz sound all option maxxed 16 bits was possible, on wizard ANY sound is not.

BUT on xscale i had VERY optimised emulator, which is MUCH slower onOMAP processor... alternative for wizard doesnt exists..

my tests are simple: always chrono trigger and always earthbound.

i do not have any samsung device or possibility to test it... some years ago there was VERY good ipaq 1940 which had samsung 266 mhz, good RAM and was very fast... but is it similar to currently used CPUS.... i dunno...

btw.... such a pity, that picodrive cant use euro ROMS....

damn, i need WORKING atari xl emulator with configurable CONTROLS...ANY1??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Mikeeeeey, tell me on ear, are there ANY emunews for OMAPS?

hmmm that was quite a confusing post lol. u had used so many different comparisons and names that it just all confused me. i hadnt quite got what u ment about how they compare...

and euro roms dont work on picodrive? i would think they do... how many different roms have u tried? was it always the same game?

and no i dont know of any new emulators or anything at all for Omap devices, ive just been waiting around for bitbanks newest version of smartgear, and whenever masterall releases pocketGBA on modaco

Guest nothin

erm, try to launch (E) roms on picodrive, in. ex. megalomania. or lemmings.

btw, i am using picodrive 0.51, why noone told people theres such version , lol....

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
well.. i can provide one link.

you have ALL POSSIBLE versions of games there.ALL POSSIBLE, i told.

so trust me, i checked it rather right...

launch (E) on picodrive, in. ex. megalomania. or lemmings.

Mikeeey, im emu fanatic, u know.

btw, i am using picodrive 0.51, why noone told people theres such version , lol....

hm yea il check that but just warning u, on modaco its illigal to provide links to roms and rom websites, id take that off if i were you.

and yes im using the same version as you, it is the newest, and the speeds are very good on it.

Guest nothin
hm yea il check that but just warning u, on modaco its illigal to provide links to roms and rom websites, id take that off if i were you.

and yes im using the same version as you, it is the newest, and the speeds are very good on it.

sorry, link removed, hope You looked there for test purposes...

Guest mikeeey
sorry, link removed, hope You looked there for test purposes...

yes i did, and it said "Mega Drive/Genesis" this could be why it didnt work, being that it's a combination of different systems. picodrive probably only plays "genesis" without any mega drive or other combinations

Guest nothin
yes i did, and it said "Mega Drive/Genesis" this could be why it didnt work, being that it's a combination of different systems. picodrive probably only plays "genesis" without any mega drive or other combinations

plz...lol..plz...just nevermind..

i was trying to say, that PAL roms ARE NOT working on picodrive....in general.

and i do know what i am saying, usually...

that is ONLY CON.

Edited by nothin

Guest mikeeey
plz...lol..plz...just nevermind..

i was trying to say, that PAL roms ARE NOT working on picodrive....in general.

and i do know what i am saying, usually...

that is ONLY CON.

are PAL rom just something that you could find as a US, or are they completely different games you wouldnt find in the US?

Guest nothin
are PAL rom just something that you could find as a US, or are they completely different games you wouldnt find in the US?

thats the point. i cant find some games in other, than PAL version - these "ported" from Amiga, in ex...

Guest whiteflippinjew

Explanation of things:

Mega Drive/Genesis - Both the same thing, mega drive was name of genesis in Japan. The previous system was called the Master Drive, so you can see where they got the mega drive naming from.

PAL- Refresh rate of TV's in Europe and other countries. Europe- 50hz, USA (NTSC)- 60hz

Guest masterall

well, I got confused too. It seems you use different emulator test on different cpu platform, so it is difficult to draw the conclusion.

as I tried finalburn with warriors of fate on both ipaq2210 pxa255 400M and dopod565 omap730 200M, ipaq2210 can achieve very smooth sound, but omap730 has poor sound...

Guest nothin
well, I got confused too. It seems you use different emulator test on different cpu platform, so it is difficult to draw the conclusion.

as I tried finalburn with warriors of fate on both ipaq2210 pxa255 400M and dopod565 omap730 200M, ipaq2210 can achieve very smooth sound, but omap730 has poor sound...

yup, thats only conclusion, that makes me sad, omap cpu arent able to provide sound even in snes emulation..;) damn.

in ex. pocketsnes by n0p could provide me 44khz, 16 bits max quality sound in chrono trigger, with smooth framerate....on 300 mhz OC'ed to 400 mhz pxa262...

Edited by nothin