Where is Messenger? - Vox from oranage

Guest simonridley

Guest Menneisyys
Did you publish it in the meantime anywhere? (Just working on mine as a Smartphone update for my somewhat older (thir February), PPC-only IM Bible.)

BTW, it seems I'll publish the update (a full roundup of all SP IM products) tomorrow.

Guest mrflibble

Windows Live can be downloaded from TechNet. I have an E650 and after installing the Orange debrander I was able to install all of the Windows Live services and now have Messenger on my E650.

Guest paholman
Link?

I installed from here which was a reference from the xda-developer forum

Works fine.

Also got HTC Video Streamer and HTC Audio Recorder from here, so now my Orange SPV E650 has same software that comes with the HTC 710.

Edited by Thumper Net

Guest Menneisyys
Windows Live can be downloaded from TechNet. I have an E650 and after installing the Orange debrander I was able to install all of the Windows Live services and now have Messenger on my E650.

Are you absolutely sure it's there? Could you give us the link?

Guest Menneisyys
see my previous post above :)

:P

Yeah, I surely know of the XDA-Dev sources; I just wanted to know whether you can indeed download it *legally* from TechNet. (I am not allowed to put direct XDA-Dev links in my related article, unlike with a legal download.)

• 2 months later...
Guest scottusspez

Microsoft are always coming up with new products and services, such as the whole live thing, and you would think you could access MSN and live mail directly on this phone. I didn't buy a Microsoft powered phone to find that Microsofts own services are (pretty much) unsupported, when clearly my old symbian based phones can run apps such as Agile messenger. I appreciate you can get this software for Windows Mobile but I am frustrated that the offical MSN version is not included. And how dare they ask for 10.99 for activation? It should be included free of charge. I like Windows mobile, I'v had WM devices before then went off to Symbian. After getting really into WM programming I decided having a WM device would be a good idea. Im happy with it but some things Microsoft just miss out and it really is common sense!!! Oh and if opening Internet explorer and having to browse to the mobile live site every time I want to check my hotmail is supposed to be a solution.....