VOX is a nice overclocker

Guest xavalon

Guest xavalon

The Vox (at least mine E650) appears to be a good and stable overclocker.

I noticed that the standard CPU clock is 186Mhz, but i was able to overclock using omapclock to 276Mhz and have it still stable.

I did some test, with SKLite and this is what I got.

with the standard 186Mhz clockspeed:

Integer (hanoi towers): 102.2342 Moves/25 usec

Floating Point (whetstone): 2.565 MWIPS

Internal RAM: 219 speed index

Draw bitmaps: 374 speed index

Main storage (write): 995.46 KB/sec

Main storage (read): 4196.72 KB/sec

On 276Mhz clockspeed increased with OMAP Clock 2:

Integer (hanoi towers): 152.5551 Moves/25 usec

Floating Point (whetstone): 3.824 MWIPS

Internal RAM: 330 speed index

Draw bitmaps: 562 speed index

Main storage (write): 1334.49 KB/sec

Main storage (read): 6269.39 KB/sec

My previous Tornado smartphone was a bad overclocker; already locked up when i increased cpu speed from 181 to 201Mhz.

Off course, overclocking will drain your battery and is can damage your phone. Do with care, and on your own risk. You are warned.

Guest RSkillz

I had it running at 274 setting in Omapclock, but the phone jammed a couple of times when I was playing a song in TCPMP and pressing the "next" button.

Now I have it at a "264" setting (250mhz) and hope it works fine.

It's kind of the same as the Tornado I had, it strongly depends on proc build on how high it will run without crashing.

Guest mikeeey
I had it running at 274 setting in Omapclock, but the phone jammed a couple of times when I was playing a song in TCPMP and pressing the "next" button.

Now I have it at a "264" setting (250mhz) and hope it works fine.

It's kind of the same as the Tornado I had, it strongly depends on proc build on how high it will run without crashing.

on my sda the highest i can go is 264mhz, but the safest number is 252mhz. some programs will crash when overclocked to 264, but work fine on 252mhz.

Guest Marcel A
The Vox (at least mine E650) appears to be a good and stable overclocker.

I noticed that the standard CPU clock is 186Mhz, but i was able to overclock using omapclock to 276Mhz and have it still stable.

I did some test, with SKLite and this is what I got.

with the standard 186Mhz clockspeed:

Integer (hanoi towers): 102.2342 Moves/25 usec

Floating Point (whetstone): 2.565 MWIPS

Internal RAM: 219 speed index

Draw bitmaps: 374 speed index

Main storage (write): 995.46 KB/sec

Main storage (read): 4196.72 KB/sec

On 276Mhz clockspeed increased with OMAP Clock 2:

Integer (hanoi towers): 152.5551 Moves/25 usec

Floating Point (whetstone): 3.824 MWIPS

Internal RAM: 330 speed index

Draw bitmaps: 562 speed index

Main storage (write): 1334.49 KB/sec

Main storage (read): 6269.39 KB/sec

My previous Tornado smartphone was a bad overclocker; already locked up when i increased cpu speed from 181 to 201Mhz.

Off course, overclocking will drain your battery and is can damage your phone. Do with care, and on your own risk. You are warned.

How can I overlock the VOX ??

Guest xavalon
A little clarification anyone? The vox sould run default at 201 according to s710 specs?

true, that is reported on the HTC website, and also reported when you choose info under settings in your vox device.

However, this was reported by OmapClock. Might be an issue with OmapCLock not correctly calculating the CPU speed.

Guest Jim_ill_007

When I try to install omapclock 0.2 I keep getting "initalization failed - - Reason cant map I/O" I have remove the app lock so can figure out why its not working......anyone else had this problem?

:rolleyes:

Jim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest looeee
is there any way to auto apply the clock at every start up of the phone?

Yes and No

Yes: If you read the readme file that comes with Omapclock then you'll see that it supports commandlines so you could put a shortcut to it with the desired parameters.

No: It doesn't work like that. When the phone goes into powersave mode the clock speed goes down. The way you use Omapclock is to boost the clock speed before doing something (like watching HQ divx) that needs it

looeee

• 3 months later...
Guest stumpyDdatsun
When I try to install omapclock 0.2 I keep getting "initalization failed - - Reason cant map I/O" I have remove the app lock so can figure out why its not working......anyone else had this problem?

;)

Jim

...Same here - has anyone any info on this please?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...