TomTom on the SPV E650..

Guest markhempstead

Guest markhempstead
I've currently got an SPV C600 running TomTom 5.200,

does this verion of tomtom work fine on the 650? - are there any issues moving it over? - i guess i'll have to get tomtom to issue me a new unlock code..

what happens to tomtom if you slide the keyboard out? - does it change to landscape?

does the newer tomtom 6 work on this phone?

well to answer myself now my 650 has turned up :rolleyes: ...

I copied across TomTom 5.200 & maps of western europe on to my new MicroSD card,

tried to activate it using www.ttcode.com which accepted my new device code and gave me an authorization number which failed!!

then e-mailed TomTom for their help, and provided proof of upgrade (due to my C600 breaking) - and they are nothing but awkward; they take forever to respond, then need more and more evidence that what i'm doing is kosher even though i provided proof of the new phone in my 1st email along with my own serial numbers etc, and my copy of tomtom and maps are definitely legit as they are linked to the email address I'm using in their system (were bought through their website & registered with them..)

anyhow, after another 48 hours of them ignoring me, I've found that if I install my original GB map that came with tomtom as opposed to my upgraded GB map, then the activation code from ttcode.com now works, then switching back to upgraded maps suddenly works also!! - I'm glad it's all working, but tomtom's customer service is awful, i can see why so many people don't bother to obtain this software legitimately!!!

anyhow, tomtom 5.2 works just great.. - if you slide the keyboard out, the screen does not change to landscape, and the keyboard works for some letters, but some letters appear as numbers, so I'll ignore the slide out keyboard for this application, it works just great they way i used to use it on the C600...

Guest Prof. Yaffle

Oddly I didn't have to contact Tomtom at all when I swapped from my C600 to my E650. I just copied it from the original SD card, allowed it to activate via WiFi and it worked.

Guest markhempstead
Oddly I didn't have to contact Tomtom at all when I swapped from my C600 to my E650. I just copied it from the original SD card, allowed it to activate via WiFi and it worked.

I suspect mine might have done the same if i'd first installed my original maps rather than my newer European ones :rolleyes:

Guest Blaufeld

Anyone knows how to hear Tomtom driving instructions thru a bluetooth headset? I tried 4 different types (Motorola, Samsung, Cellularline) but to no avail...

Guest conan_troutman
Anyone knows how to hear Tomtom driving instructions thru a bluetooth headset? I tried 4 different types (Motorola, Samsung, Cellularline) but to no avail...

I use something called BLUEMUSIC this allows me to hear tomtom instruction via both my BT headset and Btcarkit.

the trail versions a bit crap...it can stop Voice Command from Working but I have a way round this too.

with a bit of tweaking to the program it could work perfectly with VC but the makers are a bit rubbish at taking suggestions

Guest mr_end
funny that cos I am using TOMTOM mobile 5.2 with the map of Europe I downloaded from the TOMTOM site a few months back and the map is for version 6.60 so it works fine for me and lots of other people...and yes you sre right support ie customer service is the worst I have ever had in my whole life.

Tomtom maps after 605 do not work on tomtom mobile 5.200. Please refer to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-map-versions.php>this compatitbility chart

Guest mrgoolie

Can anybody tell me which versions of tt works with the htc s710?

because i can find so many version of tt...

and for the maps... is it possible to use maps for v6.75 with TT 5.2?

kr

Guest mr_end
the chart is wrong...

I wish it was. I cannot run any maps newerr than 605 on my tomtom mobile 5.2. If you have got yours working I would love to hear how and what versions you have.

Guest conan_troutman

Ihave tom tom mobile 5.20 operating system and with GB map I bought the map of Europe recently version 6.60 from TomTom it works fine no problems....although i am having problem with tomtom customer service as they have removed all my purchased maps fro the MY Maps section so I can not re download...but I do have them on disc so thats ok.

post-160210-1180433675_thumb.png post-160210-1180433683_thumb.png

also the chart mentioned above appears to be for Tomtom navigator not mobile 5 they are slightly different but not much and the chart does show my 660 working with 5.20 so thats me and the chart in agreement ...and your still wrong...I am such a big head...sorry

Edited by conan_troutman

Guest 6772Chevy
This is the version of TomTom 6 running on my HTC S710:

TT6_S710.jpg

Regards,

Schmia

Well I have the same Version running now on my S710, only thing is, I do not have a TomTom GPS module,

and so I have a big problem with the bluetooth COM port, I have no way of selcting COM6.

Anybody have any idea how to do that?

I can't seem to get Fake Cursor to work. I tried two versions, one does starts up, but can only stop

by taking the battery out. The other one seems to work, but I have no way of switching between TomTom

and/or FakeCursor.

Thanks.

Cya,

6772Chevy

Guest conan_troutman

any one notice that the above pictures are landscape...and on the VOX TomTom only runs in portrait mode...me thinks he's running it on a landscape device like the black jack

Guest 6772Chevy
any one notice that the above pictures are landscape...and on the VOX TomTom only runs in portrait mode...me thinks he's running it on a landscape device like the black jack

When I start TomTom and than slide open the keyboard, the screen does switch to landscape.

But since I can not select a bluetooth GPS module I still have not been able to try it out :rolleyes:

EDIT: COM Port problem is now solved :P

sshot003.bmp

sshot004.bmp

Cya,

6772Chevy

Edited by 6772Chevy

Guest perry185
Well I have the same Version running now on my S710, only thing is, I do not have a TomTom GPS module,

and so I have a big problem with the bluetooth COM port, I have no way of selcting COM6.

Anybody have any idea how to do that?

I can't seem to get Fake Cursor to work. I tried two versions, one does starts up, but can only stop

by taking the battery out. The other one seems to work, but I have no way of switching between TomTom

and/or FakeCursor.

Thanks.

Cya,

6772Chevy

I had this problem too. I searched for the file navigator.cfg on my storage card and edited this file with a HEX editor. I changed the number behind 'COM' in the right port number and that did the trick.

Guest schmia

Yeah, it's in landscape.... :rolleyes: thats what the S710 does when u use TomTom 6 and slide open the keyboard.

Regards,

Schmia

Guest 6772Chevy
I had this problem too. I searched for the file navigator.cfg on my storage card and edited this file with a HEX editor. I changed the number behind 'COM' in the right port number and that did the trick.

A Big THANK YOU!!

That did indeed the trick.

CHEERS.

Cya,

6772Chevy

Guest conan_troutman

I was told by other user that the vox does not rotate TomTom maybe thats just TomTom mobile 5 then that does not rotate my appologies

Guest JayBee
5.2 works fine on the E650.

P

Hey Paul..Tried installing tt5.2 on my unbranded s710 and when going throught he setup wizard I cant get past the "select a voice" screen...you can test and the voice is ok..but then the software just hangs and wont do anything else......Any Ideas?

conan_troutman thanks for your advice too btw - but suggestion didnt seem to work!

From a Newbie who's loving your work :rolleyes:

Guest Pensive

Okay, interesting info here....I tried tom tom 6, but had the device not compatible problem - but im not confident with unlocking the apps, especially since it seems you need to bodge the cursor issue to use it.

I've tried 5.2, but i copy the files ot the SD card, and cant run the .app file, it doesnt recognise it as an app.

Can anyone help me with a simple process ot install to tom 5.2 on my SPV e650 please?

Guest Pensive

Okay, interesting info here....I tried tom tom 6, but had the device not compatible problem - but im not confident with unlocking the apps, especially since it seems you need to bodge the cursor issue to use it.

I've tried 5.2, but i copy the files ot the SD card, and cant run the .app file, it doesnt recognise it as an app.

Can anyone help me with a simple process ot install to tom 5.2 on my SPV e650 please?

Guest LechuckE650

I got hold of tomtom 5.2 and copied it to the phone rather than the card. I was lucky that I had the maps cd's from my tomtom 5 for pocket pc and they work like a charm. Just installed them to my micro sd card and retained my original licence. I can live with them not being the latest maps as up to now they still cover the UK fairly well.

You will need to run the app unlock first though. Didnt bodge anything on my handset.

Le.

Guest Pensive
I got hold of tomtom 5.2 and copied it to the phone rather than the card. I was lucky that I had the maps cd's from my tomtom 5 for pocket pc and they work like a charm. Just installed them to my micro sd card and retained my original licence. I can live with them not being the latest maps as up to now they still cover the UK fairly well.

You will need to run the app unlock first though. Didnt bodge anything on my handset.

Le.

Im trying to install tom tom 5.0, im installing it from the card, but it says this software is not intended for use on this device. update to 5.2 comes later i would guess.....

This is 3 minutes after removing the app security, and rebooting the phone.

I could install tom tom 6, which i may be able to use now but i'd rather use 5 since it doesnt require the fakecursor. i'll try installing the softwzre from the phone memory instead like you say but otherwise I cant see what else can be done at present. Thanks for your help.

Guest paholman
Im trying to install tom tom 5.0, im installing it from the card, but it says this software is not intended for use on this device. update to 5.2 comes later i would guess.....

This is 3 minutes after removing the app security, and rebooting the phone.

I could install tom tom 6, which i may be able to use now but i'd rather use 5 since it doesnt require the fakecursor. i'll try installing the softwzre from the phone memory instead like you say but otherwise I cant see what else can be done at present. Thanks for your help.

Which Tom Tom 5 are you trying? Tom Tom Mobile 5 works with Smartphones.

For Windows Mobile 5 and higher (devices which have a QVGA display), you need to upgrade to 5.2 before installing it to your phone, or it won't display properly.

To upgrade to 5.2, you apply the 5.2 update (download from here) to the TomTom files on your card via a card reader, then put into your phone.

Some say to copy via ActiveSync, but TomTom don't advise this, and copying TT files via Activesync didn't work for me either on my previous device.

I hope this helps

Edited by paholman