Storage and Storage 2? Help

Guest acousticalexakis

Guest acousticalexakis

Hello,

I have the sp5 and a 1gb sd mini storage card. I am trying to have it so when i take a picture with my phone it automatically saves on my storage card. When i go to the settings to do so it says device and storage. However, it says i only have room for 5 pictures. When i view my phones explorer i see on the actual phone storage there is a folder called 'storage card' and then when i back out I see my actual mini sd card is called storage 2. Is this normal? Is this causing issues for saving photos on the storage card automatically?

Thanks for the help

Kevin

Guest mikeeey
Hello,

I have the sp5 and a 1gb sd mini storage card. I am trying to have it so when i take a picture with my phone it automatically saves on my storage card. When i go to the settings to do so it says device and storage. However, it says i only have room for 5 pictures. When i view my phones explorer i see on the actual phone storage there is a folder called 'storage card' and then when i back out I see my actual mini sd card is called storage 2. Is this normal? Is this causing issues for saving photos on the storage card automatically?

Thanks for the help

Kevin

usually this will happen if your using wmStorage.

when something is trying to write to the storage card but it cant find it then it will make its own directory called "Storage Card." then when u de-activeate wmStorage it has to add a 2 at the end of the actual storage card.

so all u need to do is either activate wmStorage or take the storage card out, then delete the "storage card" folder. now just de-activate wmStorage or put the storage card back in, and your real storage card should now be called "storage card"

Guest acousticalexakis

Thanks for the help. I removed my storage card and am trying to delete the local 'storage card' folder but i am presented with this error: "Failed to delete file "\Storage Card\Pocket IE\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat"

Guest notaliberal

Do this. With Storage Card inserted in phone, rename the "Storage Card" to "Storage Card." (put a period at the end of the name)

Now reboot the phone, and your actual storage card will now be mounted as Storage Card, and you'll be able to delete the old folder we just renamed...

The folder is currently being used by the system to write temporary internet files to, which is why you can't delete it right now...

Good luck,

Jeff