Bit Skint. Shall I buy a E650?

Guest bazza1603

Guest bazza1603

Hi,

Currently watching my pennies due to an expensive little one. I aint sure what to do...Help me please!

I am currently on O2, and they have offered me 100 Minutes and 100 SMS for about £7 a month if I dont get a phone. I use data as well when I travel by train. I get 1MB free and normally £2 a month.

I currently use a C550 and use Tom Tom a lot on it. This is the best phone I have ever had. I love Windows and the QWERTY keyboard will be handy instead of a laptop.

I have found that I can get a handset online for £30 and then £20 a month. Total for year £270. I can use Wifi on the train when it works hopefully saving me on Data. Will it be better to buy in store and part exchange a old phone. Are they running offers at the minute? Should I be able to get a discount of a data Bundle instore or should I buy online via a cashback site?

Will my Current C550 512MB card fit in the E650, as I am now so confused about Micro and mini SD cards.

Regards

Barry

Edited by bazza1603

Guest xavalon
Will my Current C550 512MB card fit in the E650, as I am now so confused about Micro and mini SD cards.

No, microSD is much smaller then miniSD

Here in the Netherlands, my Orange E650 included a 512MB MicroSD card.

You can copy the Tomtom map data to this card. But remember that you need to reregister, and so you might need to contact the Tomtom support desk.

Guest chucky.egg
I have found that I can get a handset online for £30 and then £20 a month. Total for year £270. I can use Wifi on the train when it works hopefully saving me on Data.

Data is the killer because of the cost. On low value subscriptions O won't help you at all, but on £35-£40/month you might be able to get their "unlimited" bundle for £8/month

Will it be better to buy in store and part exchange a old phone.

You can sometimes get £50-£100 so it's worth looking into

should I buy online via a cashback site?

Be careful with them - some suppliers dont pay up, and those that do have strict (and not very clear) rules on how you claim the cashback

If I was you I'd wait until it's been out longer, and is on other networks. You'll get it for less, and you'll have better choice of networks.

The other suggestion that Paul (and possibly others) have made is to get a Nokia N95 on T-Mobile and flog it on eBay. Use that money to buy a SIM-free Vox. T-Mobile also do unlimited data for £7.50/month for any customer.

Guest Samsonite

The O rental will be there to subsidise the handset which O2 dont have to factor in.

I got a free E650 on a 25 quid a month Raccoon giving me 225 mins and 100 texts. i bolted on the 'unlimited' off peak data for a fiver thinking that i suits my needs a bit better.

i got a £50 credit for going to shop ( it was out of my way a bit and they wanted to beat a rival outlet) even tho i didnt trade in an old handset so that takes my yearly to £310. and no more hassles of running out of credit at inopportune times... so its more but not a killer amount.

you will have the additional costs of getting another TomTom unless your version will work on WM Standard - best check that out before committing tho.

Guest bazza1603

HI,

I also work as a Sole trader, so could go via Orange's business plans. If I dont port soon, O2 will charge me £25 a month starting in 30 days time.

Thanks everyone

Regards

Barry