IM client

Guest Samsonite

Guest Samsonite

i want an MSN compatible messaging app.

Orange didnt give me one on my new toy... ;)

Does anyone have any suggestions for who i should give some money to? Agile? Mundu? Keep using trials until Orange relent and make it available on a ROM update? (shall i hold my breath on that last one?) :D

does anyone know how long before Live Mobile Messenger will be before its available to buy?

i've been using the trial for Agile since Saturday and its pretty good but is it worth the 40bucks (about 20 quid today)?

Guest Samsonite
Depends on whether MS are gonna ship the WLM client seperately really. Nothing compares to it feature wise ;)

P

i only really need the basics... i dont intend to be a poweruser of it, just so that i can be available online to some of my international friends when away on business/racing/round at a mates etc. so a simple MSN client is all i'm after...

Guest simonridley

Hey, I also started the other post about not having messenger on the e650.

I am wondering is there any way to get the simple version (non "Live") that was on WM2003 (and I'm guessing WM5) installed onto this phone? The version that came on my SPV550 was fine for what I needed!

Simon

Guest Samsonite

i dont think there is a method of extracting the MSN client from the other phones OS and even if there is, this isnt the place to find out how. Also, i wouldnt really want to get stuck into something as potentislly complicatde as that. Much prefer to spend a few quid and get a cleaner solution...

SO does no-one have any experiences of third party messaging clients??

So far, Agile is the only thing i have found......

Guest creamhackered

MS will be releasing it seperately so chill for now. Not sure why Orange removed it from the HTC ROM but I guess they have their reasons.

Guest Samsonite
MS will be releasing it seperately so chill for now. Not sure why Orange removed it from the HTC ROM but I guess they have their reasons.

my guess is they see IM as a threat to texting...

as for Live messenger being avaialble soon - who thinks it will be free?

my Agile trial dies on Saturday so i will be trawling for answers by then...

Guest Monolithix (MVP)
my guess is they see IM as a threat to texting...

Lets not forget this is the company that offers a tarrif with unlimited texting...(although i do appreciate your point! - Left hand not talking to the right and all that...)

• 1 year later...