Video review of T-Mobile's new MDA replacement

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

The HTC Herald, aka the HTC P4350, is one of my favourite devices. What it lacks in specs it makes up for with a great form factor. Barely bigger than a HTC Prophet device, it packs a truly excellent assisted-slide keyboard.

Well, lucky old T-Mobile USA users... as they are about to get a (admittedly slightly odd looking) Windows Mobile 6 variant of the device codenamed 'Wing'. Courtesy of MyMobile911 (via Solsie), a video review is now available.

Enjoy... think I might be snapping one of these up on eBay once they hit the streets ;)

P

Edit: Check out full details on the new device, include a link to the FCC approval at PhoneScoop!

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest LSmith4285

Looks quite nice but I am a little disappointed as I had hoped we'd get the HTC Kaiser as the replacement MDA, the Kaiser seems to be the same form factor with all the features.

Guest LSmith4285
geez that's a slow screen rotate...

That will be due to the 201 MHz processor.

Paul, when you say MDA replacement, do you mean the Vario replacement? If so I thought the compacts were the slower, smaller devices and the varios for power users, T-Mobile look like they have ditched that idea.

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's T-Mobile USA remember... the only MDA device they've had is simply called the 'MDA', and is what we know as the original 'MDA Vario'.

P

The form factor of this device, as Paul mentioned, is something I absolutely love, it would probably be my ideal device. Unfortunately, the 201 MHz processor is far too slow, especially for programs I use often such as Skype, I just feel I wouldn't be able to cope with it. Also, it's not on Orange. The good thing though is that HTC mention on their website that it is MicroSD 2.0, meaning SDHC compatible, but the success people will have with higher capacity storage cards is a bit iffy, I suppose we'll have to wait until the 4GB MicroSDHC is released!

Guest mikeeey
geez that's a slow screen rotate...

lol yea i know.

t-mobile's smartphones and pocket pc's have always been the slowest off all companys. i saw this, having wm6, and not yet knowing it was the herald. i thot t-mobile would actually have a good pocket pc but looks like not.

i cant wait for the kaiser to come out!

Edited by mikeeey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.