TomTom 5

Guest kame1986

Guest kame1986

Hey......

my m8 gave me a copy of his TomTom 5 on a disc and i have installed it but it is saying no maps found.

i have a the map of great britian, but hav no idea where to copy it to,

any ideas ???

Guest Neil5459

You can copy it to the storage card, by using a card reader in the PC, and using the 'Install to other device' option from the menu (if memory serves correctly!)

But, you WONT be able to use it. TomTom maps are activated to a specific device, so if your mate has already used TomTom, it will be his device which is registered. You'd then need to convince TomTom to give him a new activation code for your device. There are workarounds, but these are against the licensing terms.

Guest Neil5459

TomTom do allow a user to activate the maps twice, to allow one device upgrade. If your friend can supply the Product Code (comes on a small credit card sized insert) and he hasn't used both activations, you can go to www.ttcode.com and input the Product Code and the Device Code generated by your device, to obtain an Activation Code automatically.

If you do this, of course it would block him for any further upgrades, without obtaining consent from TomTom, which involves emailing a copy of the new device receipt and agreeing that the software has been removed from the original device.

Guest mwright
got the maps installed and yes, im having that stupid license problem now :rolleyes:

It is not a stupid licensing problem!

TomTOm are fully entitled to protect their products from illegal copying - which is exactly what is happening if your mate gives you a copy of the software!