Unable to sync Qtek 8500

Guest thelondonthing

Guest thelondonthing

Greetings one and all.

I've had an issue that's developed over the last few weeks with my Qtek 8500. Every time I try to sync it with my computer, I get little more than a partial success before it fails and both the Windows ActiveSync program and that on the 8500 give me at "Attention required" message, which when I click on it tells me:

"Synchronisation could not be completed. If this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships.

Support code: 80004005"

I have tried following this advice, but to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling ActiveSync from the computer and reinstalling the newest version from scratch. I am using the USB cable supplied with the handset. I have tried to Google the error code, and searched Microsoft's own support database, but all of the information I've been able to pull up has been very antiquated, dating from 2004/5, or even earlier. Much of that information has also not even been directly related to Windows Mobile or ActiveSync.

Can anybody offer me any assistance? I really need to sync my contacts at the moment, as I've only got contacts from A-F successfully stored on my phone!

Many thanks in advance.

Guest phshatiy
Greetings one and all.

I've had an issue that's developed over the last few weeks with my Qtek 8500. Every time I try to sync it with my computer, I get little more than a partial success before it fails and both the Windows ActiveSync program and that on the 8500 give me at "Attention required" message, which when I click on it tells me:

"Synchronisation could not be completed. If this condition persists, try deleting and then re-creating the device's sync relationships.

Support code: 80004005"

I have tried following this advice, but to no avail. I have also tried uninstalling ActiveSync from the computer and reinstalling the newest version from scratch. I am using the USB cable supplied with the handset. I have tried to Google the error code, and searched Microsoft's own support database, but all of the information I've been able to pull up has been very antiquated, dating from 2004/5, or even earlier. Much of that information has also not even been directly related to Windows Mobile or ActiveSync.

Can anybody offer me any assistance? I really need to sync my contacts at the moment, as I've only got contacts from A-F successfully stored on my phone!

Many thanks in advance.

You didn't mention, if you tried to delete the AS partnership in the phone.

So go to Activesync>press right button OPTIONS>1 SETTINGS and delete the partnership. Then try to re-create it

Guest thelondonthing
You didn't mention, if you tried to delete the AS partnership in the phone.

So go to Activesync>press right button OPTIONS>1 SETTINGS and delete the partnership. Then try to re-create it

I thought I did mention that when I said I tried to follow the advice given in the error message. I've tried removing the partnerships from both the ActiveSync control on the computer, and through the handset itself, but to no avail.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

• 1 month later...
Guest bimplebean

I'm having the same problem and am giving up in disgust on this phone.

ActiveSync and or the phone keeps changing COM ports! I'll literally set this up to sync, sync, walk away and come back and it's broken. It keeps breaking again and again.

The contacts list is also inexcusably slow and sometimes a number is missed when I dial. I swear, my old SMT5600 kicked this thing's BUTT. I regret busting it. Maybe I can buy another on eBay.

I look at Treos and the Blackjack and they don't have Voice Dial. WTF with that?

I'm very frustrated right now, can you tell? :)