SlingPlayer Mobile unofficial Windows Mobile 6 fix now available!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
Slingbox_logo_onwhite_tmb.gif

I love my Slingbox. Coupled with a WiFi equipped Pocket PC or Smartphone, it lets me catch up on Live TV from anywhere in the world, even prerecorded TV by controlling my Media Center... it's a must have toy in my gadget collection :rolleyes:

Recently with the advent of Windows Mobile 6 however, all has not been well... the all important SlingPlayer application refused to connect to the Slingbox! Oh no! Sling Media ARE working on a fix, but Arne from theUnwired just mailed me to let me know that an unofficial (and most importantly working!) fix for the Windows Mobile 6 compatability problem has been posted at the SlingPlayer forums!

Head on over to check out the details!

My S710 and I are very grateful Arne! :P

P

Guest bashi007

Hi

I raed that you are using your slingbox with media center, i tried and that and it didn't work, i have mine connev=cted direct to my cable box. It would be nice to connect to media center and watch my recorded programs.

any help would be greatly appreciated, as i have tried few times but it just doesn't work and i can't change the channels on media center using slingbox.

thanks

Guest WouterNeyn

Hi Paul, i am trying to get the DLL's to work on my S710 but i don't seem to succeed.

I copied the DLL's to the \Windows\ directory and restarted my phone. I still get the message that the player can't connect to the slingbox. I am sure that it is the bug since I get the message about another person (my laptop) using the slingbox.

Got any ideas of what I might be doing wrong here?

tnx!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.