E650 Left direction key "squeak"

Guest ptwilliams

Guest ptwilliams

Ok. Here's the thing.

Took delivery of my new E650 last Friday. Everything seemed ok apart from when you used the left hand directional control, it "squeaks" - didnt feel as positive as the other directions, but worked ok.

Rang the helpdesk, arranged a replacement.

That arrived this morning. Got this one home, and its EXACTLY THE SAME !!

So, my question is - how many of you out there have a squeaky left hand key?

Is it normal??

Guest ptwilliams

Damned annoying.

Same thing happened when I first bought the C550, was only the fourth handset that was actually fully functional and without faults.

All those had sticky, unresponsive keys too.

Wonder if there's a bad E650 batch kicking around?

Edited by ptwilliams

Guest ptwilliams

E650 number 3 delivered this morning.

... so far, so good.

No squeak. Everything sounds as it should.

Fingers crossed!

Guest ptwilliams
I see you used to have a M3100. why did u go from that to the E650? i see it as a downgrade, except for USB 2.0

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...716&id2=558

The M3100 was ok, but I couldnt get used to the fact that I couldnt use it one handed. I found it a hassle every time I wanted to send a text message, and it was also a little bulky for my taste.

Im not that heavy of a data user either, so that side of it didnt worry me too much.

Ive had the Original SPV, the E100, the C500, the C550, the C600, the M3100 and now the E650, and I see the current one as a bit of a sensible compromise between the C600 and the M3100.

Guest mikeeey
The M3100 was ok, but I couldnt get used to the fact that I couldnt use it one handed. I found it a hassle every time I wanted to send a text message, and it was also a little bulky for my taste.

Im not that heavy of a data user either, so that side of it didnt worry me too much.

Ive had the Original SPV, the E100, the C500, the C550, the C600, the M3100 and now the E650, and I see the current one as a bit of a sensible compromise between the C600 and the M3100.

o thats a shame u should have atleast waited for the kaiser and seen if that would have met your needs. does the Vox have a touchscreen being that it is a smartphone?