Paul's HTC S710 de-Brand Pack

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jpa

Paul

Could you please make a zip with all the shortcuts of your \Windows\Start Menu" and all the icones.lnk of subfolders ? With it we'll be able to change all our Orange's icons :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Guest horec

Hi,

I have an Orange SPV E650 and I would like to replace all orange icons in the Start Menu by Windows standard icons. I have found some icons for the shortcuts but I would like to get icons for folders ("Games" for example).

Can somebody with a HTC S710 send me the content of his Start Menu (in a zip file) with all hidden files in order to get all Windows standard icons ?

EDIT : Sorry, I hadn't seen jpa's request :rolleyes:

Edited by horec

Guest Paul (MVP)
Can somebody with a HTC S710 send me the content of his Start Menu (in a zip file) with all hidden files in order to get all Windows standard icons ?

It's not that simply unfortunately.

P

Guest jpa
It's not that simply unfortunately.

P

yes we know :P We only need to know what are the ressource called for the icon by those shortcuts (oem.dll ??) to finish the job :

- Call History

- Pictures and videos

- Bluetooth Explorer

- Num. Speed

- Orange Mail

- More Games

- SIM Managment

- Internet Sharing

and icone.lnk for the subfolders :rolleyes:

Guest Paul (MVP)

AFAIK, many of the Orange apps don't just use the icon resource DLL for their icon, they actually have the icon embedded in the EXE. That's the complication I was referring to...

P

Guest conan_troutman

could some please please copy the xml code for the message plugin that has SMS MMS and EMAIL

as I would love to utilise it on my phones the only one i can find is the SMS Email and Vmail

which I dont find very useful

or worse the one that shows email and MMS in the same notification

thanks for any help I hope al the tweaks here will work on the s730 as thast what I am holding out for.

Guest Tomvdz
Is there still going to be a version of the de-brander for the E650? I hope so!

You can use this debrander on the e650, but it will not change the icons, you need to replace the icons with originals yourself, using a previous topic on this forum. My e650 now only shows 'orange' icons on call log, settings and photos & videos.

Guest senutan

well, here am i again with my quest :rolleyes:

I still searching for the original home page of the HTC VOX, may someone can extract it and share it please ?

Here is what i mean :

htcvoxhomezy0.th.png

Guest senutan

Thank you, i know this one, but it needs to be a little bit worked for the landscape mode...

... some plugins don't match on the homescreen like Contact-in...

... i don't manage to install the cab file to make it show the counter line "SMS/MMS/EMAIL"...

Guest bitbank
Attached you'll find a CAB file that installs my HTC S710 de-brander :rolleyes:

It's tested ONLY on the HTC S710 at this time (i'll test on a SPV E650 when I get one!), and requires your device to be app unlocked using the 'Remove Security' CAB (also attached). A reboot is required after install.

Hi Paul,

Nice work on the removesecurity.cab. It worked perfectly on my S710. Does this CAB file work on other HTC devices or is it specific to the S710? Does it just tweak registry entries? If so, do you have documentation on which registry entries to tweak for various devices to be app unlocked?

Thanks,

Larry B.

Guest Phoenix50

Hmmm.

I must be being a bit of a div here; but the "Remove Security" CAB installs but doesn't seem to do anything? I'm on an E650 so maybe that's why?

It breifly changes the theme to the Windows "blue" default, but then reverts back to whatever I've got set, and the installation of the second de-branding file fails with the usual "installation failed because the program has insufficient system permissions"...

any ideas? am I jsut being too impatient and need to hang fire for the Orange-de-brander?

Cheers all

Guest Pr0sper
... and requires your device to be app unlocked using the 'Remove Security' CAB (also attached). A reboot is required after install.

I think your unlocker doesn't work right, Paul. For example, I can't change the following registry key using Smartione:

HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Progress\Portrait\Other\bmpNormal

It gives me an error "Data could not be written". I guess the unlock cab doesn't work right. :rolleyes:

Guest snajafi

Pauls file doesn't work on the E650.

You need to get the application unlocker from Orange directly, at: http://spvunlock.rd.francetelecom.com

I got my unlock cab file within an hour so its easier to get that. You can then install all the other extras that have been posted for the phone to get the most out of it.

Edited by snajafi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sgilder1
How to switch to the original screens, themes, backgrounds if needed?

I too would like to know if this can be uninstalled before running?

• 3 weeks later...