Shadow of Legend

Guest VulakAerr

Guest VulakAerr

Anyone else had a look at this one at all?

http://www.shadowoflegend.com

Must say I'm pretty enthusiastic about the idea of any kind of MMO playable by phone... oh holy god, must sign up for beta now!

By the way, I just applied for the closed beta and my username is Akkarin. If anyone else applies and gets in, look me up. :rolleyes:

P.S. You need 900MB space to install it. Time to ditch those MP3s. :P

Edited by VulakAerr

Guest mikeeey
Anyone else had a look at this one at all?

http://www.shadowoflegend.com

Must say I'm pretty enthusiastic about the idea of any kind of MMO playable by phone... oh holy god, must sign up for beta now!

By the way, I just applied for the closed beta and my username is Akkarin. If anyone else applies and gets in, look me up. :rolleyes:

P.S. You need 900MB space to install it. Time to ditch those MP3s. :P

900MB??? my first question is, is the game worth it? i dont know if i wanna removeeverything off my card to find the game isnt even that fun. maybe someone can try it and talk about it here.

i watched the trailer, and it looks very similar to diablo. i think il wait till i have a pocket pc before i try this, i can imagine on smartphone it would be rather hard to play, and talk to people.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest dropofdreams

I signed up. Let's see whether I get in or not. Perhaps I shouldn't have told them all about my new puppy...

Guest mikeeey

hope we dont see someone in this topic saying "im trying to play this on my HTC Canary and it isnt working" lol

Guest VulakAerr

I managed to download it last night so I'll give it a go shortly and let you guys know. I did manage to get into the closed beta so I'm fairly certain it'll be okay. Sadly I'm only on GPRS at the moment though so I won't be able to play properly until tonight. Even if it's D2 style graphics, I think it'll be nice to have a game like this on WM.

Guest Steve1712

Hi, have downloaded it barely!

also i'm in closed beta...

but how the hell can i log in ???

i have my smartcell user name but can only enter numbers on login screen?? but my user name has characters too!!

have an HTC MTeoR -> means only Numeric Display and double or driple press like to write an sms aren't working...

steve

Guest PolloLoco
hope we dont see someone in this topic saying "im trying to play this on my HTC Canary and it isnt working" lol

LOL. I'm not a jerk, but there's been so many times I just wanted to reply to someone's complaint - "Get a better phone!" I've held off so far, but one of these days I'm going to reply while I'm in a bad mood.

Guest mikeeey
Hi, have downloaded it barely!

also i'm in closed beta...

but how the hell can i log in ???

i have my smartcell user name but can only enter numbers on login screen?? but my user name has characters too!!

have an HTC MTeoR -> means only Numeric Display and double or driple press like to write an sms aren't working...

steve

lol wow looks like this is the first thing they need to fix on SP. thats what i was saying i imagine itl be hard to play on SP, plus there's gonna be more bugs. i thinks its mainly ment to be played on ppc. touch screen will make it much easier to select spells and stuff on the screen instead of needing to remember what button it is. is a cursor used in this game? i can only imagine how hard that would be on SP.

Guest VulakAerr

Okay, I read up about this. The way to sort it (for now) is to download the PC client, log on with your username, and save the username and password. Then once you're logged in, quit and copy the SOLClientUser file to your device overwriting the previous one. That should let you straight in.

Guest Fel Ian

I've played for a few days now. Very annoying about the SP Letter keys game thinks it's the num pad. Another thing is after a while of playing and if you let the screen dim then shut off the game gets really choppy then eventually it just shuts itself off then goes to the home screen. Don't know if it's the game because you need 20 mb ram and with WM 5 I had at least 21 mb ram and when i installed WM 6 I'm barely getting 16-18 mb free ram. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Now that I've upgraded to WM 6 I can't play...lack of ram I assume since the game just goes to the updater client and doesn't launch the game client :P

Update 2: Figured it out if you go under the program folder and launch the game client by itself it will run up to the point where you select your character and then it will shut itself off and go back to the home screen

Edited by Fel Ian

Guest mikeeey
I've played for a few days now. Very annoying about the SP Letter keys game thinks it's the num pad. Another thing is after a while of playing and if you let the screen dim then shut off the game gets really choppy then eventually it just shuts itself off then goes to the home screen. Don't know if it's the game because you need 20 mb ram and with WM 5 I had at least 21 mb ram and when i installed WM 6 I'm barely getting 16-18 mb free ram. :rolleyes:

UPDATE: Now that I've upgraded to WM 6 I can't play...lack of ram I assume since the game just goes to the updater client and doesn't launch the game client :P

Update 2: Figured it out if you go under the program folder and launch the game client by itself it will run up to the point where you select your character and then it will shut itself off and go back to the home screen

have any plans for going back to wm5? or is it not worth it just for a game. btw is it on the dash or mda your talkin about. how's the game play on your mda?

i assume like i said, much easier on ppc than sp?

• 1 month later...
Guest kevinsephiroth

I thought the beta was closed afeter april 24th?

Her's the two screens I found on the Mobile Platform:

Screenshot_2007052403014055.pngScreenshot_2007052402563228.png

It's interesting....

I'm gonna try to sign up then :)

EDIT: (on smartcell)

Shadow of Legend Closed Beta Application

Your SmartCell Account is created, and your beta application is submitted.

Next Step: check a verification email we have just sent to you and activate you SmartCell Account. A notification email about your beta application will be sent to you when it is approved.

Edited by kevinsephiroth