Space shooting game: FireHawk for SmartPhone

Guest c2matrix

Guest c2matrix

We have recently released this space shooting game, it has many features you may like.

It support these resolution: QVGA/VGA/SVGA/176*220/QVGA landscape

coverlarge.jpg

Goto try it and give us some advice, thank you!

Download for sp:FireHawk SP 1.20 (exe) CAB File Buy at MoDaCo

Download for PPC:FireHawk PPC 1.20 (exe) CAB File Buy at ModaCo

Download for PC:FireHawk PC 1.20

Edited by c2matrix

Guest mikeeey

wow this game is great. i love it. only advice i can give is to perhaps add a level select option. i can imagine in the full version if you're further in the game and die it would be annoying having to start all the way back at the first level.

Guest c2matrix
wow this game is great. i love it. only advice i can give is to perhaps add a level select option. i can imagine in the full version if you're further in the game and die it would be annoying having to start all the way back at the first level.

We will add this function(level select) to next release(ver 1.10), maybe next week. thanks !

Guest mikeeey
We will add this function(level select) to next release(ver 1.10), maybe next week. thanks !

cool! im assuming you have to unlock the levels first before you can play them?

o and also does this work on landscape smartphone devices? im sure some people will want to play using those types of devices :rolleyes:

Edited by mikeeey

Guest c2matrix
cool! im assuming you have to unlock the levels first before you can play them?

o and also does this work on landscape smartphone devices? im sure some people will want to play using those types of devices :P

yes , "you have to unlock the levels first before you can play them" sounds a good idea!

we have not the plan to support landscape phone, its because the display problem, we know there are some different between device and emulator, and we have not a landscape phone to test :rolleyes: .

we have now support SVGA/QVGA/VGA at all pocket pc 2002 or later platform

Edited by c2matrix

Guest mikeeey
yes , "you have to unlock the levels first before you can play them" sounds a good idea!

we have not the plan to support landscape phone, its because the display problem, we know there are some different between device and emulator, and we have not a landscape phone to test :rolleyes: .

cool, thanks. you guys are doing a great job. the graphics, gameplay, and everything is amazing.

i look forward to more games like this in the future perhaps?

• 1 month later...
Guest c2matrix

FireHawk 1.20 out!

new changes:

1) add an easier game mode

2) more fast UI

3) support more devices(176*220, QVGA landscape)

4) more fun gameplay

Guest mikeeey
FireHawk 1.20 out!

new changes:

1) add an easier game mode

2) more fast UI

3) support more devices(176*220, QVGA landscape)

4) more fun gameplay

cool! il have to go try it out. whats funner about the gameplay? and when u say easier game mode u mean like, a difficulty mode below easy lol?

has a level selecter been added yet?

Guest Zeiram

If i can help somehow to test it i will gladly help. I allready helped others to get their games running if you can supply your game with some kind of logfile that can read needed data of the device? Feel free to drop me a PM.

Guest Confucious

my main problem was downloading it!

Why not put links to the cabs as well instead of making us search for them?

Just downloaded and played on my Athena - the "baby" level is just about right for me, lol

Great game, keep up the good work!

Guest c2matrix

Hi, Mikeeey

1)We add a baby mode which is the easiest game mode. 2)sorry for not add "level select function" this version, we add it to our hopelist 3)we change the score system, the score when you hitdown an enemy will multiply by chain factor

Hi, Zeiram

Thanks for your help, we now need 176*220/Blackjack/treo to test the game, if you have the device please play the game on it and give us feedback, we will give you a full license ofcourse

Hi, Confucious

Thanks for your advice, we now add the cab links. the game is not so hard if you use stylus:), and in the baby/easy mode you can recover the ship's HP by charging fire(press key A or double & keep down the stylus)

Edited by c2matrix

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jens.l

@c2matrix, is it possible to make it fullscreen for the Gizmondo handheld ?

I have tried different gx.dll but without success.

cu

Jens.l

Guest c2matrix
@c2matrix, is it possible to make it fullscreen for the Gizmondo handheld ?

I have tried different gx.dll but without success.

cu

Jens.l

Is it now playable on Gizmondo? what's the display like? I will try my best to make it run on your device well.

Guest jens.l

yes I can start the game, but the screensize is not correct. The Gizmondo has a resolution :320x240x16

I know it is a vertical shooter but that is not the problem, i can turn the Gizmondo 90 degrees. My problem is that i can not

switch the resolution to Vertical, so i can see only 2/3 from the game.

I have asked Frank Weseloh from www.Wincesoft.de to integrate the Gizmondo into his tool so that i can maybe manipulate the gapi gx.dll.

DeviceInfo2, v2.3, Aug 31 2006, 00:22:43

Platform: [Gizmondo Terminal]

Version: 4.20, Build 0

OEM: [Gizmondo]

Devicetype: 0000h

Other Info: []

PlatformName: [Gizmondo]

Manufacturer: []

ProductID: 00000000

Platform ID: 00690047 41a43377

CPU: 720h, Lev.4h, Rev.0h

CPUId: 41129200h

ID1: 00000000

ID2: 00000000

ID3: ffff0000

Display: 320x240x16

Orientation: 0

Rw address not found

Mem: 00000000

Memory: RAM:11384/40540, OS:82/4032

Display Settings ###############

[Drivers\Display\NVDDI]

"IoBase"=dword:34000000

"Bufferable"=dword:00000000

"GE_Disable"=dword:00000000

"Base"=dword:34000000

"Host_Width"=dword:00000003

"Main_Panel"=dword:00000035

"Main_Bpp"=dword:00000010

"Main_Rotate"=dword:0000010e

GWE Settings ###################

"ExpensiveAntialias"=dword:00000001

"ForceGRAY16"=dword:00000001

[system\GDI\Gamma]

"Gamma Value"=dword:000005dc

[system\GDI\Drivers]

"MainDisplay"="nvddi.dll"

"Display"="nvddi.dll"

[system\GDI\Rotation]

"Angle"=dword:0000010e

[system\GDI\SYSFNT]

"Nm"="Tahoma"

"Ht"=dword:fffffff4

"It"=dword:00000000

"Wt"=dword:00000190

"CS"=dword:00000000

I will see what happend.

cu Jens

By the way is it possible to make games for the Gizmondo ? or is it possible to integrate code so that it can run also with your code.

I know it is a obsolete Handheld. But it has some nice features.

More infos are here

www.gizmondoforums.com.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gizmondo

Guest c2matrix

Much thanks for the review.

And I post all 6 level playing videos to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/chenjb1975

We plan to release 1.30 in the future, which will add a boss mode( defeat the 6 mega bosses one by one) , Level select function and save/load function. the upgrade is lifetime free ofcourse.

Guest mikeeey
Much thanks for the review.

And I post all 6 level playing videos to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/chenjb1975

We plan to release 1.30 in the future, which will add a boss mode( defeat the 6 mega bosses one by one) , Level select function and save/load function. the upgrade is lifetime free ofcourse.

nice videos.

did u record on a pocket pc, smartphone, or with the pc version? if you were using a pocket pc or smartphone what screen recording program were you using? all that i have tried make my games really laggy.

Guest whiteflippinjew
nice videos.

did u record on a pocket pc, smartphone, or with the pc version? if you were using a pocket pc or smartphone what screen recording program were you using? all that i have tried make my games really laggy.

The screen recording program is built into the game. :) Been playing this for a while and its turning out very well. Hopefully more updates will come up soon.

Guest c2matrix

Yes, the screen recording function is built into our game engine, but just for PC version. I can play it smoothly while recording the avi :) .

All the PPC, Smartphone and PC vers is the same in gameplay, so the replay files can interchange between different platform.

hi, jens.l, I send you a message, I'll port the game to Gizmondo, if you help me by runing the test ver on your device, thank you.

Guest jens.l
Yes, the screen recording function is built into our game engine, but just for PC version. I can play it smoothly while recording the avi :) .

All the PPC, Smartphone and PC vers is the same in gameplay, so the replay files can interchange between different platform.

hi, jens.l, I send you a message, I'll port the game to Gizmondo, if you help me by runing the test ver on your device, thank you.

hi c2matrix i have sent you a message and the logs to your email account: support at c2matrix.com

Guest TheHelios

I was recording on the smartphone version just fine in full speed. I noticed the replay's play alot faster than the gameplay though, probably just more frames.

• 2 months later...
Guest c2matrix

The game seems has ploblem with wm6.0 smartphone.

Is there anyone who has wm6.0 smartphone(motoq9, palm 500v, etv.) can help us testing the game?

We will send you a full license after the test. Thanks advance!

The game seems has ploblem with wm6.0 smartphone.

Is there anyone who has wm6.0 smartphone(motoq9, palm 500v, etv.) can help us testing the game?

We will send you a full license after the test. Thanks advance!

i have wm6 on my t-mobile sda (smartphone). if that helps, il gladly test it. the screen resolution is 240x320

Edited by mikeeey