help connecting to wireless network

Guest raddaz

Guest raddaz

i've had my S710 for just under a week and so far am very pleased, however i would like it to be my only device and as such require it to connect to my works wireless network which is using WPA enterprise using PEAP / MS-Chap-V2. To enable my Orbit to connect i have to install an additional client (Odyssey by funk/juniper). I've tried installing the PPC version on the S710 but get the error about it being the wrong device type. Does anyone know of any such client for smartphone devices or have any advice on how to connect the S710 to the network without one.

sadly i've only just taken out a 12 month contract with o2, otherwise i'd go to Tmobile's wnw and not bother with the wireless option.

on a more positive note, i've installed tomtom6 with no problems at all taking me one step closer to it being my only device :rolleyes:

cheers

Raddaz.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I don't know of an Odyssey type client for SP i'm afraid.

I thought the protocol you require was supported out of the box in WM6?

P

Guest raddaz

Sorted now thanks.

i've ended up putting the device into the AD so i can connect to the trusted wireless network, a bit of a bodge but it works and it means i can now ditch my PDA :rolleyes:

cheers

Raddaz.

Edited by raddaz