Push Mail - no Comm Manager!!

Guest monkeygadge

Guest monkeygadge

Having owned an XDA IQ for a year, I'm pretty used to flicking the Comm Manager button and turning my push mail on and off.

After a few hours today setting up my new XDA Graphite, I was glad to get everything on board and sorted out. :D

BUT :rolleyes:

Then I tried to find the Comm manager, and it's not there!! :D

WAIT :P

Found a wireless manager, which has:

All on/off

Wireless on/off

Bluetooth on/off

Phone on/off

BUT NO PUSH MAIL ON/OFF!!!! <_<

Now it looks like I'm going to have to go into Activesync>Schedule and change the 'Peak times' to 'Manually' or 'as they arrive' to do this.

Whats even more annoying is there's no option to disconnect the data connection so god knows what the phone is doing at first glance....

Anyone got a work around???

Guest monkeygadge

For those who are interested:

Best solution for 'push mail' on/off is to set peak times in sync schedule as starting at 00:00 and ending at 00:00. This means that it is always peak time.

Then simply switch push mail on/off by changing the peak times option between 'manual' (off) and 'As items arive' (On).

Cheers

Guest modgnik
Having owned an XDA IQ for a year, I'm pretty used to flicking the Comm Manager button and turning my push mail on and off.

After a few hours today setting up my new XDA Graphite, I was glad to get everything on board and sorted out. :D

BUT :rolleyes:

Then I tried to find the Comm manager, and it's not there!! :D

WAIT :P

Found a wireless manager, which has:

All on/off

Wireless on/off

Bluetooth on/off

Phone on/off

BUT NO PUSH MAIL ON/OFF!!!! <_<

Now it looks like I'm going to have to go into Activesync>Schedule and change the 'Peak times' to 'Manually' or 'as they arrive' to do this.

Whats even more annoying is there's no option to disconnect the data connection so god knows what the phone is doing at first glance....

Anyone got a work around???

The Comm Manager is only found on HTC devices.

If gprs is showing as connected then from the home screen click the End Call Button once, then when the G appears again do it once more and finally a third time.

What I and another person on a forum on CoolSmartphone found was that whilst connected to the internet via IE using WiFi, the screen froze on 'Locating' after a couple of mins. After disconnecting and re-connecting, the same thing happened again. Also in my case the gprs connected at the same time as the WiFi was on. (I understand that gprs takes preference on a dual connection and therefore gprs costs are incurred)

To prevent this gprs issue I either disconnect Phone in Wireless Manager (incoming calls no, push email yes) or change Countries in Installation Type. (incoming calls yes, push email yes)

This freezing effect does not happen with WiFi when browsing using Opera Mini - low memory version. (High memory version loads but does not work fully)

Is there anyone else who has had similar problems with WiFi on IE ?

Edited by modgnik

• 1 month later...