My E650 issues are different

Guest Red Fish

Guest Red Fish

I'm on my 4th Smartphone and love my E650 (especially the beautiful clear screen and contacts typeface but after using it for 3 weeks now I have found the following:-

- phone vibrates rather than play the 'reminder'

- I can't see my voicemail icon - I thought I was Billy No Mates, checked 123 and had 13 messages to collect

- I hate XT9 messaging thing, every time I type "thanks" I get t42657 and no options to add it as a custom word

- ActiveSync 4.5 is lazy. - I have a XP desktop with SP1 and ActiveSync 4.5 Outlook 2003 SP2

- I have lost the functionality to select which contact categories I download to the phone.

Questions

- I believe I have to unlock the phone to get rid of customisation as well, but how I need noddy steps like do I do this from the phone or via my PC when it's plugged in to the USB port? Is there such a guide kicking around?

Finally can I customise the SMS dictionary via my PC and down it to my phone

Thanks

L

Guest jporch316

I know the voicemail thing is an orange issue - I had it on my c600 - you have to ring orange and they will reset your voicemail - and hey presto - message icon reappears

Also - i have never had to unlock any of my orange handsets - i read a post somewhere that there maybe its the shop versions that are locked and posted handsets not locked - cant confirm any of this of course

Edited by jporch316

Guest Rhinestone

Do a hard reset of your phone and the vibrate reminder will be reset. You will still have to do the regedit hack on the INITVOL setting in order to turn the riminder vol up from "0"

Guest conan_troutman

the AS issue with category filtering ...I presume your last smaertphone was WM2k3 not a WM5 device as that was removed in WM5 I was hoping it had been replaced in WM6...maybe a clever prgrammer can make it return for us all

Guest Red Fish
the AS issue with category filtering ...I presume your last smaertphone was WM2k3 not a WM5 device as that was removed in WM5 I was hoping it had been replaced in WM6...maybe a clever prgrammer can make it return for us all

Guest Red Fish

Guest Red Fish

I've just spoken to Orange who have confirmed the Category filter was removed in AS 4.0 and hasn't returned.

Am also getting two categories called Recent and No Catagories when I filter, but I haven't set them up and I can't seem to delete them from the phone. Orange tell me it is a 'feature' so I know what isn't categorised and which contracts have recently had changes applied.

Waiting for Orange to call back about the reminder/vibrate issue ... and will get them to sort out voicemail as well. They tried 3 times to do this at the weekend and couldn't so is now with a more technical team.