Editting Menus

Guest rikpotts

Guest rikpotts

On my old Qtek 7070 I rearranged all the menus so that when I pressed "start" I had Inbox, Settings, Programs, Task Manager and Playlists.

On my Qek 8200 all the shortcuts in startmenu are hidden files. When I try to move them I get a box pop up effectively saying I cant move them. Ive tried right clicking and goinf to properties but and check boxes are shaded out.

Is there any way to move the shortcuts because at the moment there are 3 pages and programs and settings n stuff which I hate!

Many Thanks

Edited by rikpotts

Guest synthetic
On my old Qtek 7070 I rearranged all the menus so that when I pressed "start" I had Inbox, Settings, Programs, Task Manager and Playlists.

On my Qek 8200 all the shortcuts in startmenu are hidden files. When I try to move them I get a box pop up effectively saying I cant move them. Ive tried right clicking and goinf to properties but and check boxes are shaded out.

Is there any way to move the shortcuts because at the moment there are 3 pages and programs and settings n stuff which I hate!

Many Thanks

Search in this forum for "START MENU TWEAK ".

"

Open up Regedit, and browse to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMenu

Select 'Values'

Select 'Order'

In the value data you can now change the order of the links in the start menu. The easier way to find the link names is to open up All Explorer, Smartexplorer, or even browse to the phone via the computer, and look at the files in 'IPSMWindowsStart Menu'. Don't forget to add '.lnk' at the end of the program name, or it won't work.

"

Guest rikpotts
Search in this forum for "START MENU TWEAK ".

"

Open up Regedit, and browse to the following:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMenu

Select 'Values'

Select 'Order'

In the value data you can now change the order of the links in the start menu. The easier way to find the link names is to open up All Explorer, Smartexplorer, or even browse to the phone via the computer, and look at the files in 'IPSMWindowsStart Menu'. Don't forget to add '.lnk' at the end of the program name, or it won't work.

"

Many Thanks for your help! I managed to do it using File Manager. I assumed id be able to do it on the pc in explorer.

EDIT: Strangely when I came to doing all the menus it didnt work using File Manager but did work using the pc and activesync. Its sorted now other than Interactive keeps reappearing after I reboot the phone.

Edited by rikpotts