Disable/Change 02 GPRS connection settings on IQ

Guest buddhaman

Guest buddhaman

Hi, I've been trying to set up and use GPRS settings other than the pre-installed ones for 02 on a recently acquired used XDA IQ. I want to use the phone on Orange UK and Celtel (Kenya) networks. It is unlocked, but I cant seem to get the phone to take up the Orange or Celtel settings. I'm a newbie, but I think it has something to do with an application that only allows O2 settings. There's a "wap provisioningdoc" xml file on the phone that seems to be the root for what settings can be used.

Is there a way to either disable this? Or at least add the required Orange settings so that they may be selected for my connection?

Thanks in advance to those who may know something and respond.

Guest chucky.egg

You can find the settings to do this manually here:

Start - Settings - Connections - GPRS

Add a new one (and delete the O2 one if you'll never use it)

I would give you the link to the settings you need, but the Settings Repository here seems to have disappeared! Try Googling "orange gprs apn settings" (or variants)

Guest buddhaman

Thanks for your reply there chook!

I know that the settings themselves can be a pain sometimes, and I do have them lying around ready to enter. I did delete the O2 settings, but they mysteriously reappeared as the default connections when I had to restart my phone.

The option itself for setting a default connection appears to be missing from the phones connections menu system, so I'm supposing it an O2 customisation. I think there's an application that does this automatically to make it easy for little children, dogs and their pet frogs to get online in either the UK or Ireland on O2 apparently.

The application is called "connectionsettings.exe" and other files associated with it are "02aui.arm_build.cab", "o2install.exe" and "connectionsettings.xml". There was the option of uninstalling it under "remove programs" but when that was done, still no cigar, it keeps doing its own thing. I guess I might have to get jiggy with that xml file and alter the necessary

Any more thoughts? And thanks for your time.

:rolleyes:

You can find the settings to do this manually here:

Start - Settings - Connections - GPRS

Add a new one (and delete the O2 one if you'll never use it)

I would give you the link to the settings you need, but the Settings Repository here seems to have disappeared! Try Googling "orange gprs apn settings" (or variants)