Prophet - Anybody else had USB/charge port problems?

Guest carlosp_uk

Guest carlosp_uk

Hi there

I've had my prophet (M600) for only 9-10 months and now it has stopped charging; in fact the miniUSB port is completely non-functional, it won't charge or sync. I had taken good care of the phone so naturally I have returned it to HTC Europe for a warranty repair.

Unfortunately, HTC are refusing to repair it under warranty as they are claiming it was mis-treated. As I know this not to be true, I was wondering...

...has anybody else had problems with the USB port on the prophet (M600) failing to work, or breaking? I have heard similar stories on this board in the past and thought that if I could gather a little anecdotal evidence it might support my claim.

Yours gratefully, in advance,

Carlos

Guest PaulF
Hi there

I've had my prophet (M600) for only 9-10 months and now it has stopped charging; in fact the miniUSB port is completely non-functional, it won't charge or sync. I had taken good care of the phone so naturally I have returned it to HTC Europe for a warranty repair.

Unfortunately, HTC are refusing to repair it under warranty as they are claiming it was mis-treated. As I know this not to be true, I was wondering...

...has anybody else had problems with the USB port on the prophet (M600) failing to work, or breaking? I have heard similar stories on this board in the past and thought that if I could gather a little anecdotal evidence it might support my claim.

Yours gratefully, in advance,

Carlos

Yep, mine broke recently - not sure what happened or when it did, but suddenly Active Sync stopped working. After three reinstalls of the software, I noticed that the plastic lug in the centre of the socket on the phone had vanished (presumably broken off), and left the metal wires behind. 2 of these had got bent, and so no longer connected with the USB plug properly (luckily I could still charge it, and only lost data connectivity).

I phoned Orange, and managed to get them to replace it under warranty (it was about 9 months old).

They brought me out a new phone the following day.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...