Ring delayed & muted when receiving call - Help

Guest Alpha4

Guest Alpha4

When I recieve a call on my SGH-i600, the ringtone seems to be delayed (screen shows caller ID so call is registered on phone) then the ringtone starts off sort of muted.

So there's a delay of 5 seconds or so, then for the first ring or two, the tone plays at really low volume, after which that it starts ringing at normal volume. It's very annoying. Why doesn't it just ring normally from the start?

Anybody else get this? And is there any way to fix it?

Guest orcinus

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Settings > Profiles > Menu > Edit, then set "Ring type" to anything but "Increasing ring".

Hope that helps...

Ante

Edit: If the volume is set to Loud, it always defaults to increasing ring, i think. To prevent it from blowing your ear drum if you happen to have it near your head :rolleyes:

Edited by orcinus

Guest Alpha4
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Settings > Profiles > Menu > Edit, then set "Ring type" to anything but "Increasing ring".

Hope that helps...

Ante

Edit: If the volume is set to Loud, it always defaults to increasing ring, i think. To prevent it from blowing your ear drum if you happen to have it near your head :rolleyes:

Christ, do they think I'm sitting around with the phone up to my ear all day, waiting for a call?

So, lets get this straight.. I turn the ringtone volume down, and then I can't hear the phone ring... or I turn the ringtone volume up and it mutes itself and I can't hear the phone ring? Greeaat job Samsung. So, what is the 'LOUD' setting for?

Anyhoo, my Ring Type is set to 'Ring' and it still does this delay thing. I'll try turning down from Loud to 4.

Guest orcinus

I'm not 100% sure about the Loud thing, but that's how some phones used to work (or still work). Sony Ericsson springs to mind.

BTW, i'm not sure if everything's ok with your phone - on mine it starts ringing right away, regardless of the profile settings, and takes about three rings to reach full volume. Are you using a custom MP3 ringtone? If yes, and it's a big one, it might take the phone a while to load/cache it before it starts ringing...

• 6 months later...
Guest pbuechel

hi,

is there any solution on that problem ?

bye

When I recieve a call on my SGH-i600, the ringtone seems to be delayed (screen shows caller ID so call is registered on phone) then the ringtone starts off sort of muted.

So there's a delay of 5 seconds or so, then for the first ring or two, the tone plays at really low volume, after which that it starts ringing at normal volume. It's very annoying. Why doesn't it just ring normally from the start?

Anybody else get this? And is there any way to fix it?