Converting Tmobile Vario to Orange

Guest Embraer

Guest Embraer

I've recently upgraded from a Vario to a Vario 2 and have given a friend my old mobile. How easy or hard would it be for him to operate this phone on Orange. Could somebody point me in the right direction and I can take it from there if necessary

Guest Neil5459

This would be very easy.

First you need the Vario to be SIM Unlocked- T-Mobile still lock their devices. As this is now out of contract, you may be able to get T-Mob customer services to do it free.

If not, there are umpteen free unlocking applications out there, and all work well as long as you follow the instructions.

Once unlocked, your friend can put any SIM card in (except Three) and all he will need to do is update the operator settings for Internet, Email, MMS etc. There is a topic on Modaco with all the ettings, or HTC do a customisation file with the settings.

Guest Embraer
This would be very easy.

First you need the Vario to be SIM Unlocked- T-Mobile still lock their devices. As this is now out of contract, you may be able to get T-Mob customer services to do it free.

If not, there are umpteen free unlocking applications out there, and all work well as long as you follow the instructions.

Once unlocked, your friend can put any SIM card in (except Three) and all he will need to do is update the operator settings for Internet, Email, MMS etc. There is a topic on Modaco with all the ettings, or HTC do a customisation file with the settings.

Thanks Neil, pointed him in the right direction