T-Mobile 'Wing' launches tomorrow, BoyGenius unboxes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
thumb_21-May-2007_wing.jpg

Tomorrow, the 22nd May, is launch day for the T-Mobile 'Wing', the T-Mobile USA restyled, Windows Mobile 6'd Pocket PC based on the HTC Herald platform.

Over at BoyGeniusReports, they've got a device ahead of time and have some unboxing shots, including pictures of the device next to it's P4350 sibling.

Personally the P4350 is still one of my favourite devices because of it's great keyboard and slim form factor. With the addition of WM6 and a slicker design, I'm seriously considering importing one Wing each for myself and the missus :rolleyes:

The device will be priced at $499 full unconnected retail and $299 with a 2 year agreement and $50 mail in rebate.

In a nice touch unique to this device, the Wing is shipping with a extUSB splitter (allowing headphones and charging at the same time), usually sold as an accessory.

P

Guest Webreaper
t-mobile (US) needs some devices with higher end processors.

Said it before, but I'll say it again... WTF is the damned Kaiser!?! :rolleyes:

Guest mikeeey
Said it before, but I'll say it again... WTF is the damned Kaiser!?! :rolleyes:

lol, do u really think t-mobile will even get the kaiser? they didnt even get the hermes. i mean t-mobile UK did, but US just has the basic stuff.

luckily i switched to cingular and they will most likely get the kaiser being that they had the 8525(hermes)

also, since the Wing has the kaisers body (the keyboard and slimness) im sure they're not gonna have another device that looks like half it it lol.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest DaPutster

All I can say is that I'm really disapointed in the new release. I've had my MDA for a little over 10 months now and I like it a lot, but the slow processor kills me half the time. You would think that with every other major carrier in the US using models with double (or more) processor speed that T-Mobile would have at least caught up to what was on the market last year. I hate to do it, but it may be time to switch carriers if this is going to be the only offering for yet another year. Coupled with the loss of another 4mb of usable system memory only means this thing will probably be slower than what I have now... bummer.

On the upside, the blue case and WM6 is a nice tweak.

At this rate it looks like I'll be waiting to find a way to get an unlocked Toshiba Portégé G900. :rolleyes:

Guest flight23
All I can say is that I'm really disapointed in the new release. I've had my MDA for a little over 10 months now and I like it a lot, but the slow processor kills me half the time. You would think that with every other major carrier in the US using models with double (or more) processor speed that T-Mobile would have at least caught up to what was on the market last year. I hate to do it, but it may be time to switch carriers if this is going to be the only offering for yet another year. Coupled with the loss of another 4mb of usable system memory only means this thing will probably be slower than what I have now... bummer.

On the upside, the blue case and WM6 is a nice tweak.

At this rate it looks like I'll be waiting to find a way to get an unlocked Toshiba Portégé G900. :rolleyes:

And I am quite surprised how fast this device works.

I got an HTC Vox S710 here myself, which has the same processor as the XDA Terra I received today. Both are WM6 and the Teraa is way faster than the Vox.

Guest genaldar

I played with one today and almost bought it, I would have to if both employees weren't "busy" (one was flirting the other decided to help this middle aged lady instead of me, but it turned out she just wanted to change her plan so no sale for that guy). I'm gonna buy one tomorrow (well later today). If I had an MDA I probably wouldn't upgrade, but I don't so I will :rolleyes:.

Guest mikeeey
And I am quite surprised how fast this device works.

I got an HTC Vox S710 here myself, which has the same processor as the XDA Terra I received today. Both are WM6 and the Teraa is way faster than the Vox.

it works fast, but im sure they could make it faster with a 400mhz processor.

hmm, i wonder if thats how they look at it. something along the lines of "well its fast right? so it doesnt need anything more than a 200mhz processor." lol. or maybe "its t-mobile, enough said." haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.