textr for Pocket PC... threaded SMS and then some!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

MoDaCo member Harrison dropped me a note via our TIPoff form to let me know about a nifty little application called 'textr', that has just been updated to v1.0.2.

When I first started writing this news post, I pasted in all the details from the textr homepage. I've changed my mind now, as they say 'a picture paints a thousand words'. So...

Textr turns those unorganized text messages into organized conversations. Easily see entire conversations via text message with a single contact in a chat-like interface.

post-1-1179785986_thumb.jpg post-1-1179785992_thumb.jpg post-1-1179785997_thumb.jpg

post-1-1179786003_thumb.jpg post-1-1179786008_thumb.jpg post-1-1179785942_thumb.jpg

I'm installing it right now to give it a try! A 21 day trial is available, after which the application is priced at $14.99.

P

Guest Myke

Thanks for posting this Paul! We just released Textr after a little over a year in development. I really wanted an app like this after using the Treo and it didnt exist, so I sought out to create it! :rolleyes:

There are a few little things we are working out, but all in all it seems to be working well. We are constantly developing this app, so if you guys find any bugs or have any suggestions or feature requests, be sure to post them.

thanks!

Edited by Myke

Guest touficjohn

I really like the concept and have installed the trial version.

But, cant help finding it to be very very slow! I've installed it on my storage card and it takes about 20-30seconds to open each conversation and maybe about 20-30seconds to open the program itself.

Furthermore it wont let me send any messages at all by telling me the number format is wrong - when I know for a fact its correct.

Maybe its just me and my WM5 hermes?

Guest mattie01

maybe intrested if it was free

but considering there is a free .cab file that will enable the threading app on my hermes and prob most over ppc I think i'll pass unless there is anything else this adds?