CommMgrPro Beta download available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Now this is cool!

Control your Pocket PC Phone Edition with profiles automatically selected depending on your current location(Phone Cell / LAC) and current time. You can select manually profiles too if you want.

Take full control over:

* Connections.

o Enable and Disable connections.

o Stablish and close connections.

* Band.

o Switch between GPRS, UMTS and auto modes. You can set a time limit (in minutes) so the program will switch back automatically to GPRS when the period expires.

* WIFI.

o Turn on / Turn off Wifi.

* Bluetooth.

o Switch between modes (Off, Connectable and discoverable)

* Phone.

o Switch between Flight mode and On mode.

* Speaker.

o Switch between Normal, Mute and Vibrate modes.

* Manage all the functions and submenus using stylus, finger or jog-dial

* Let the program to close automatically iddle connections. The program will close any connection that hasnt data traffic in X seconds.

* The program includes a Today Plugin where you can check the current state of the device very quickly

* All the duties of BandSwitch are included

Based on your location (GSM Cell ID) you can:

* Create profiles (Home, work, ...) and assign cells to them.

* Create time frames for those profiles (day, night...).

* Execute actions automatically when you enter or exits any LAC, profile or profile-timeframe:

o Set the state of your connections, band, wifi, bluetooth, phone and speaker,...

o Play sounds, songs and open files

o Activate or deactiva call forwarding

o Set CPU mode or turn on/off screen

o Send sms and emails.

o Enable or disable connections.

o ...and much more.

The program will monitor your battery, data taffic, CPU usage and locations so it will offer statistics and statistics about battery drain, traffic....

CommMgrPro is currently available (for Pocket PC only) as a free Beta version (v0.9.0.26) from the CommMgrPro page, and is working a treat on my SPV M700!

The range of features is too huge to list, but i'm very very impressed!

I'm going to use it to select a particular profile at home, select a particular profile at night, disable 3G when in particular area codes, enable WiFi when at home... the possibilities are endless :rolleyes:

Download the trial, and post how you're going to use it!

P

post-1-1179857888_thumb.png post-1-1179857926_thumb.png post-1-1179857945_thumb.png

Guest Rob.P

Sweeet! I'm currently using sbp's version on trial, was going to buy it at the end of the trial, but this looks a lot better.

I bet it still won't have a profile that could recognise when I'm going out for cig break at work though :rolleyes: (and no I'm not going to go out for a cig break at set times of the day :P )

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Hmmm....I seem to remember TinyGPS promised similar things but the results were, well, quite poor. Not their fault, just inherent limitations of using cells for tracking. How's the accuracy of this one P?

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's fine for what it's doing, context based switching of device state. Generally a LAC is sufficient to pinpoint, say home vs work.

P

Guest Webreaper

Looks like a potential competitor to PhoneAlarm. Although having said that, the new version of PA (1.6.1) has got some corking features in it.

Anyone know if this app is skinnable?

Guest magic_peanuts
Looks like a potential competitor to PhoneAlarm. Although having said that, the new version of PA (1.6.1) has got some corking features in it.

Anyone know if this app is skinnable?

I'm a huge PA user too but for me to switch to this I need to be able to launch programs and set/cancel call forwarding on profile change, is this possible?

Guest Webreaper
I'm a huge PA user too but for me to switch to this I need to be able to launch programs and set/cancel call forwarding on profile change, is this possible?

TBH, the alarm repeat, profile change on meeting status, billing and custom notifications on email subject features in PA mean this doesn't compete.

Guest The Doctor

It will be when its released :rolleyes: Personally, I think its great already :P Should be something that will keep me amused until Palringo comes out of beta :D

It's also skinable, but there aren't any other skins available as of yet.

Phil

Guest Paul (MVP)

PhoneAlarm is cool, what always got me with it tho is that I couldn't have location AND time based profiles.

e.g. if I wanted 'home' and 'out' profiles with 'day' and 'night' settings, it can't be done...

P

Guest Webreaper
PhoneMax is cool, what always got me with it tho is that I couldn't have location AND time based profiles.

e.g. if I wanted 'home' and 'out' profiles with 'day' and 'night' settings, it can't be done...

Do you mean PocketMax, or PhoneAlarm? :rolleyes:

Did you ever suggest it to him on the forum?

Guest Webreaper

He's pretty good with feature requests. I've put one in on your behalf. :-D

Having said that, I find that either location-based or time-based profiles is enough for what I need. :rolleyes:

Guest Kallisti
I think this could be just what i'm looking for :rolleyes:

Is there any manual or user guide knocking about?

One program I've been thinking about is something that allows you to change profile for 1hour (or obviously a configurable amount of time. I'm forever missing calls because I've turned my phone to silent for a game of squash and forgotten to change it back to normal! Does this do that? Downloading it now to try it out, so i may answer myself in a while.

Guest conan_troutman
One program I've been thinking about is something that allows you to change profile for 1hour (or obviously a configurable amount of time. I'm forever missing calls because I've turned my phone to silent for a game of squash and forgotten to change it back to normal! Does this do that? Downloading it now to try it out, so i may answer myself in a while.

er have you hreard of autoflight?

thats what I use....

Guest Webreaper

Have a look at PhoneAlarm (www.pocketmax.net). I can't recommend it enough. It allows you to do timed profile changes like this, and has automatic profile switching based on time, Outlook appointment status (e.g., 'busy', 'out of office' etc) or location (which is calculated by your local mast, CellID, WLAN or even GPS if you have it).

It also does repeating alarms so if, like me, you're often away from your desk when somebody phones or SMSes you, it'll keep bugging you until you deal with it. The latest version even allows you to have custom alarms based on sender or subject e.g., vibrate for personal emails, but play a loud alarm for work emails (or vice versa :P).

PA is skinnable, and the profiles include WLAN settings, activesync, Backlight and power, Bluetooth setting and call forwarding.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with PocketMax at all. I'm just an extremely satisfied user. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a very good and original concept to me... If it works good, I am buying it asap.

Not that original. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.