Removing wasted line in "Today" screen

Guest billyb

Guest billyb

On my XDA Mini S the "Today" screen has a section of screen at the bottom with nothing in it apart from a tiny Bluetooth icon (just above the soft key text). It is otherwise competely wasted space.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove this?

Guest mandt

Yes you can, I have on mine

theres a shortcut in \Windows\Startup that can be deleted (just move it first to be safe) to prevent the tray from loading, although I did this months ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!

It should be pretty self explanatory, or perhaps someone who still has it could check theirs

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Myrddin Wyllt
theres a shortcut in \Windows\Startup that can be deleted (just move it first to be safe) to prevent the tray from loading, although I did this months ago and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it!

Init_Tray.lnk

I just moved it to My Documents\Personal folder, in case I wanted it back later for some stupid reason, but it's safe to delete. When a program forces an icon into the tray, Init_Tray will run on its own, but it will close automatically when no programs are running in the background. To kill the tray entirely, just go to

\Windows\Init_Tray.exe and rename Init_Tray.exe to Init_Tray.exe.backup, and WM will never find it to load. The tray will never appear again, unless you do a hard reset or rename the .backup file back to .exe