BoyGenius unboxes the HTC Elf

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
thumb_24-May-2007_elf.jpg

Have you heard of the HTC Elf? No? Let me fill you in.

The HTC Elf (that's a codename by the way, it will ship as the HTC P3450) is a relatively low end and very compact Pocket PC device (smaller than a HTC Magician) that is about to hit the market from HTC... and BoyGenius is already unboxing one :rolleyes:

HTC plans to ship 2 million of these bad boys in the second half of 2007 - as quoted in Taiwan's digitimes. Big plans... so let's see how it shapes up.

Specs:

- Windows Mobile 6 Professional (Pocket PC)
- Quad band EDGE
- TI OMAP 850 (again!)
- 128MB ROM
- 64MB ROM
- QVGA screen
- 2 Megapixel Camera

Yes, I know what you're thinking... 'we've seen it all before'... and you're right! The endearing features of this device are it's Windows Mobile 6 OS, and very compact size. The design is what you'd call minimalist, which sadly means the loss of Start / OK hardware buttons, a cardinal sin in my book.

The saving grace could be a rock bottom price point, which is quoted as $400-$500 SIM free, again by digitimes.

Head over to the BoyGenius unboxing to find out more.

P

Guest The Doctor

Ahh the good old TI OMAP 850, 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM and Quadband EDGE setup...

How many more devices will HTC churn out with the same spec?

EDGE doesn't have good enough coverage over here in the Uk to be truely useful, so there will be no way I'm stepping down from my Hermes with HSDPA to EDGE... Are you listening HTC? We want more 3G devices!

Phil

Guest mikeeey
Ahh the good old TI OMAP 850, 128MB ROM, 64MB RAM and Quadband EDGE setup...

How many more devices will HTC churn out with the same spec?

EDGE doesn't have good enough coverage over here in the Uk to be truely useful, so there will be no way I'm stepping down from my Hermes with HSDPA to EDGE... Are you listening HTC? We want more 3G devices!

Phil

lol "good old"....yea.

i dont think this phone can compete with the others comming out. i mean it still has a "good old" TI OMAP 850. give it atleast a 400mhz processor and it can atleast compete.

Guest Ovie

Well, they do have 3G devices coming out, but from a business perspective I suppose they're looking for the other end of the market where, if the price is low enough they can make some good profits.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.