New Black v3.5 WM6 ROM Released

Guest MonkeyJug

Guest Jan the man
A couple of questions:

What handset are you upgrading (M3100, VarioII, TyTn, 8525, Trion, etc.)?

What ROM version are you starting with?

If your SPL is version 2.10 then you already have Hard-SPL.

If you do need to install Hard-SPL, make sure the checkbox that says "Is it Hard-SPL?" is NOT checked, as your phone isn't Hard-SPL yet.

I followed these instructions myself with my M3100 and had to flash it twice, but had no other problems.

Since all the Hermes variants have different ROMs, someone here may be able to tell you of workarounds for problems on your particular model.

Martin

Its a Vario 2 (herm 300), no idea what rom it is but the SPL is 1.04. I've followed the instructions correctly a hundred times now and the same thing happens :rolleyes:

Guest Jan the man
Load one of the hard spl loaders.

Sorry mate I'm a complete novice at this.... you may well have written that in Chinese as far as I'm concerned lol

Guest The Doctor
Sorry mate I'm a complete novice at this.... you may well have written that in Chinese as far as I'm concerned lol

You aren't by any chance running Vista and getting Error 260 are you?

If you are, either check out Paul's RUU Vista fix HERE and then re-run the update utility or use an XP machine :rolleyes:

Phil

Guest UndeadDevil
You aren't by any chance running Vista and getting Error 260 are you?

I think he/she just hasn't flashed Hard-SPL onto the phone. BTW I flashed my phone from Vista, I'd really like to know why everyone says it doesn't work. Worked fine for me, although VisualStudio installed a different driver for the USB Cable I think.

Guest The Doctor
I dont have Vista but that is the error I'm getting....

Try putting you phone in bootloader mode (hold power + ok buttons and soft reset with the stylus), plug into the usb port. Go to the device manager and uninstall the drivers for HTC USB Sync. Unplug the device (still in bootloader). Reset into bootloader again (hold power + ok buttons and soft reset with the stylus) then plug into the USB port. This time it should reinstall the drivers and hopefully fix the communication errors your getting :rolleyes: Reset and sync with activesync (icon must be green) then try following the guide again.

If it still fails, add me on MSN if you have it (mine is quantuminstabilityhotmailcom and we can chat a bit more in-depth about it :P

Phil

Guest crazyc

This may be a silly question, but have you unticked the enhanced networking option under networking connections? If not, you should....

Guest Jan the man

reinstalled the driver and its done the trick!!!!!! cheers for the help everyone!

Now to change the radio setings and to decide whether to go for the black dymond of Farias one. :rolleyes:

Any noob tricks or hints advice anyone able to offer??

Guest The Doctor
reinstalled the driver and its done the trick!!!!!! cheers for the help everyone!

Now to change the radio setings and to decide whether to go for the black dymond of Farias one. :rolleyes:

Any noob tricks or hints advice anyone able to offer??

Glad you got it sorted :P

Phil

Guest Jan the man

Another day = another problem

I'm trying to do the radio thing. Phone is connected to the PC.... open the exe, click autodetect, message comes up saying make sure its a windoes mobile phone etc, click yes then a few seconds pass and 2 windoes pop up saying 'ERROR couldnt query the device' and then 'ERROR unknown version, you should pick SSPL' and the whole thing closes.

I'm close to giving up on modding the phone as every time i try something I always get error messages.

Edited by Jan the man

Guest The Doctor
Another day = another problem

I'm trying to do the radio thing. Phone is connected to the PC.... open the exe, click autodetect, message comes up saying make sure its a windoes mobile phone etc, click yes then a few seconds pass and 2 windoes pop up saying 'ERROR couldnt query the device' and then 'ERROR unknown version, you should pick SSPL' and the whole thing closes.

I'm close to giving up on modding the phone as every time i try something I always get error messages.

Try disabling the advanced functionality in Connections>USB to PC

Phil

Guest Jan the man
Try disabling the advanced functionality in Connections>USB to PC

Phil

Thats how I've been trying it Phil :rolleyes:

Guest jimbouk

If in doubt read MrVanx's guides over at XDA. With his guides and activesync 4.5 (on XP) or WMDC 6.1 (On Vista) - flashing is dead simple.

I've now flashed about 14 different WM4 roms and five or six radio roms (and even downgraded one hermes from WM6 to the orange WM5 AKU3.3 update)

I currently have BlackDymond with Radio 1.38 (the official orange one) and am enjoying a blisteringly fast device with HSDPA running at between 700Kb and 1mb.

I will be flashing Black 4 (The Shadow) tomorrow though.

(You have got activesync 4.5 haven't you?)

Guest MonkeyJug

version 4, codenamed shadow, is due for imminent release...

seems it has the full release version of wm6 and is lifted straight from the htc touch - no bad thing!

Guest Jan the man
If in doubt read MrVanx's guides over at XDA. With his guides and activesync 4.5 (on XP) or WMDC 6.1 (On Vista) - flashing is dead simple.

I've now flashed about 14 different WM4 roms and five or six radio roms (and even downgraded one hermes from WM6 to the orange WM5 AKU3.3 update)

I currently have BlackDymond with Radio 1.38 (the official orange one) and am enjoying a blisteringly fast device with HSDPA running at between 700Kb and 1mb.

I will be flashing Black 4 (The Shadow) tomorrow though.

(You have got activesync 4.5 haven't you?)

Have Activesync 4.5... I think I'm going to give up, getting really pissed off with it all now. I dont think my phone wants to be modded in any way shape or form :rolleyes:

Guest The Doctor
Have Activesync 4.5... I think I'm going to give up, getting really pissed off with it all now. I dont think my phone wants to be modded in any way shape or form :rolleyes:

Just as a last option. Have you tried turning the firewall/antivirus off?

Phil

Guest Jan the man
Just as a last option. Have you tried turning the firewall/antivirus off?

Phil

I've tried everything mate :rolleyes: :D :P

Guest Bilky
I've tried everything mate :rolleyes: :D :P

I've got exactly the same issue - It doesnt 'AUTODETECT' the bootloader and seems to complain Active Sync isnt connected when it is and working properly......

Guest jimbouk

Well I have been busily flashing the Shadow rom onto my device today (twice) and both times just let the RUU wrapper detect the SPL/Hard SPL.

(SpvM3100 sim locked still to Orangeand simply followed MrVanX's guides to WM6 flashing over the last few weeks.)

Guest Jan the man
Well I have been busily flashing the Shadow rom onto my device today (twice) and both times just let the RUU wrapper detect the SPL/Hard SPL.

(SpvM3100 sim locked still to Orangeand simply followed MrVanX's guides to WM6 flashing over the last few weeks.)

The prob is tho mate is that it doesnt detect mine and suggests forcing SSPL which I dont want to risk.

Guest UndeadDevil

T-Mobile right? New MDA Vario II?

If so I had the same problem, I forced using SPL to install Black and then used the Auto-Detect for the radio once Black was flashed. It flashed fine and semed to use HardSPL.

Guest Jan the man

Hmmmmmmm..... maybe I should try it that way :rolleyes:

If it bricks or semi bricks how do I use Hard SPL to revive it??