Phone won't ring

Guest Rob_Quads

Guest Rob_Quads

My phone has stopped ringing. No matter what I try when I get a call it will not ring. Its as if the phone is on silent but all the settings are not.

If I go into the sounds menu I can change the ring tone, but it does not play if I press the play button, well its as if its playing but the sound does not come out. If I select "vibrate and ring" then it does vibrate when I play the ringtone but again no ringing actually happens.

The only thing I have installed recently that may have affected it is the CommMgrPro but I cannot be sure it was not doing the same before I installed that. I have gone through my other apps on the phone and I can't see that any of them would have affected the ringing.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing it to not ring?

Guest xeno1

If I remember right, I once had the same problem on a smartphone I had. The problem turned out to be that I had changed the default mp3 player from windows media player to another player (TCPMP I think), and WMP is what is actually used to play the mp3 ringtones. I had to go back and re-associate them with WMP for them to work again.

This happened on a smartphone with windows 2003 on it so it might not be what the problem is at all, but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Guest Rob_Quads

I have a SPV M700.

It appears its not just ringing that gone its all sounds. i can't get anything to play from Media player etc. It still makes calls OK but if i turn the call to Speaker Mode then it goes silent

Guest spacerace
I have a SPV M700.

It appears its not just ringing that gone its all sounds. i can't get anything to play from Media player etc. It still makes calls OK but if i turn the call to Speaker Mode then it goes silent

try plugging in the headset and playing a sound and an mp3 through that? it may be a faulty speaker? you could also do a hard reset it and if that brings sounds back then you know it's down to a setting you changed or some software you installed. if there is no sound after a hard reset, take it back to an Orange store.

Guest Rob_Quads

Well I preformed a hard reset last night and still no joy. Looks like the speaker is dead? I would have thought the same speaker was used for normal calls as well as on loudspeaker (just turned up)

Oh well. now the joys of getting a Warranty replacement via orange without Orange Care.

Guest spacerace
Well I preformed a hard reset last night and still no joy. Looks like the speaker is dead? I would have thought the same speaker was used for normal calls as well as on loudspeaker (just turned up)

Oh well. now the joys of getting a Warranty replacement via orange without Orange Care.

no, certainly on my Vodafone v1605 (HTC Hermes) the speaker on the back is used to play music and as the loudspeaker for voicecalls.

if the phone is relatively new they should be fine. even if it's older, when I last had a dead phone they replaced it under the same terms as Orange Care (£15 admin fee only) but then required you to take Orange Care for 12 months.

Edited by spacerace