T-Mobile start Port Blocking on Web'n'Walk

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Anarchist2204

The network proxy is blocking ports, the web and walk is only a internet bundle for billing, extra things called fup1-4 are now being provisioned on all accounts these are linked to the proxy and are just a simple database of what ports to allow and block!!

ps: mobile tv has nothing to do with it, it is policy enforcement

Edited by Anarchist2204

Guest khurram41

Hi guys! please if anybody can tell me. As l have 1gb unlimited data on 3 network for a 5 pounds extra on my tariff but the thing is that unlike orange & t-mobile to use phone as a modem is not permissible, even if it was permissible 1gb is not enough to use as a modem anyways. But I can use skype (I bought a sim free vodafone vpa 1605 aka spv m3100/vario ii/htc tytn etc. & installed skype using with my 3 sim). Due to small amount of data allowance offered by 3 I want to take orange contract. Not t-mobile because I heard they don't allow VOIP (My 1st question is if that's true that t-mobile doesn't allow VOIP) & 2ndly personal no.'s (no.'s starting with 07744) are also not free anymore in monthly allowance with t-mobile. My 2nd question is that "Does orange allows VOIP like 3 network"? Please if anybody can help me, I'll be very thankful. Please email me at: [email protected]

Guest Confucious

T allow VOIP only on their £22.50/ month plan

O don't have any data packages that won't drain your bank account

No idea about personal numbers - I'd never phone one and hate them.

Puting your email address in a forum is a sure way of getting SPAM and the whole point of forums is that everyone gets to benefit from the answers not so people can email you directly.

Guest Alsicole
My IM still works fine on standard WnW.

I wonder if those for who it doesn't are using dodgy hacked messenger clients that could have expired or whatever?

P

My old W&W standard from Jan 06 is still accessing Messenger just fine, both with MSN Messenger on a WM Smartphone and (boo hiss) Mundu on Palm OS Treo. Maybe they're not looking at the older accounts yet.

Guest graham

I became a T-Mobile customer today, on standard Web'n'Walk on top of a 7.50/month SIM-only plan.

Unless I'm doing something silly, my Web'n'Walk is locked down much more than I anticipated. Not only can I not access Messenger, but I can't synch Contacts or Mail through Windows Live (on my WM6 Hermes). I also can't access any maps through mgmaps (a java app). Just about all I can do is bog standard web browsing.

When connecting via WiFi rather than 3G, everything works a treat.

Is this what other people are experiencing? Will everything just work if I pay an extra £5 month for WnW Plus?

Guest Confucious

I had that problem on WM6 on my Universal - Live wouldn't sync (didn't try mgmaps tho). Itdid to staert with but stopped on 12/5/07.

When I got my Ameo it all worked fine I have since upgraded to Plus to get HSDPA (another advantage to a Hermes owner) but am still unsure as to why Live stopped working on my Universal so not sure if there was some setting changed which stopped it working on WM6 devices or if I somehow messed up my settings.

Guest graham
Which device?

How did you configure your settings (if it's a non T-Mo device)?

P

Its a HTC Hermes, of the Orange M3100 variety. I installed the new WM6 Black Shadow ROM, did the free SIM Unlock, and stuck a new T-Mobile SIM Only + Web'n'Walk SIM in there. I ran something called UK_Setup.exe to install the t-mobile settings. Can't remember if it was an official HTC download or whether I got it from one of the "other" sites...

Voice calls work, SMS works, web browsing works, but Windows Live synching doesn't - which is a bit of a pain as Windows Live Mail Push seems excellent (when I use it thru Wifi).

Another odd things is that I can't seem to remove the proxy. On the screen with two checkboxes (this device connects to the internet, this device uses a proxy) both of them are checked. When I uncheck the proxy box, choose OK, then go back into the same screen, both boxes are checked again. Not sure if its relevant, but I thought it might be the proxy causing problems...

Guest nuttyphilt
Another odd things is that I can't seem to remove the proxy. On the screen with two checkboxes (this device connects to the internet, this device uses a proxy) both of them are checked. When I uncheck the proxy box, choose OK, then go back into the same screen, both boxes are checked again. Not sure if its relevant, but I thought it might be the proxy causing problems...

I had a problem like this so I set up the connection manually without the proxy and everything (including Windows Live) then worked OK...

Edited by nuttyphilt

Guest Confucious

I was using the Modaco proxy on my universal - my Ameo is bog standard T-Mob, I haven't changed the proxy yet, I'll try when I get time on the Ameo and see if that's what's causing the problems.

Guest graham
I had a problem like this so I set up the connection manually without the proxy and everything (including Windows Live) then worked OK...

Legend! This did the trick. Windows Live Sync and Mgmaps now working as expected! Still can't log into Messenger, but given the posts at the start of this thread I wasn't really expecting to be able to.

There must be a 3rd party messenger app (java based?) which looks to T-mobile like it is making regular HTTP connections so isn't blocked, but is actually proxying messages to MSN or wherever?

Guest moreati

To those having issues connecting to MSN Instant Messenger or FTP, on WnW plus: If you had WnW plus added as an option, I may have the solution.

T-Mobile resolved my connection issues today, by switching my account from Flext+WnW with a later WnW plus option, to Flext+WnW plus (no options).

I've written more details at:

http://www.moreati.org.uk/blog/2007/06/19/...eb-n-walk-plus/

Alex

• 3 weeks later...
Guest myjess
To those having issues connecting to MSN Instant Messenger or FTP, on WnW plus: If you had WnW plus added as an option, I may have the solution.

T-Mobile resolved my connection issues today, by switching my account from Flext+WnW with a later WnW plus option, to Flext+WnW plus (no options).

I've written more details at:

http://www.moreati.org.uk/blog/2007/06/19/...eb-n-walk-plus/

Alex

I was having probs with GPRS connecting but not showung any pages.

Tech support said 4 some reason money was being taken out of my p&g top-up in my basic wnw package and when all money went, stopped the web access.TS said couldn't use phone asmodem, not what i was told when i first bought from t-mob. TS added back all that was taken out, but i see there are still data charges after that. Trying to figure out what is causing charges on handset, cos it looks like what isn't blocked, but isn't allowed is costing me money. Unbilled usage site is now down,so cannot look again to see if more money out.

Did T&C's change recently because apparently i cannot use phone as modem anymore and maybe it is something on PC, not phone, going out on unallowed port and so getti charged for it.

Anyone any ideas?

Also win live on same vario is now blocked after TS guy looked at my acct. But messaging to gmail email, and windows IM still works. Latest data charges after that.

thx.

Edited by myjess

• 2 years later...
Guest Pvt.Joker

Hi everyone...

Sorry for dragging up an old post like this, but it'll save me posting a new one in the wrong place or the like.

Anyway, I have a HTC phone running windows mobile through T-Mobile.

I have the plan whereby I can use my phone as a modem and use MSN Messenger etc, but what I'd really like to do is download torrents. I've messed around for a while, tweating port numbers and the best I can come up with is a measly 2~7kb/s download speed. The same if I'm using Soulseek.

Now, if I download something from Hotfile etc I can expect up to 250+kb/s, so I know it's not the connection outright that is the problem.

Has anyone any advice or experiance in this scenario that I might put to good use?

Thanks

David

Guest pd.ryder
Hi everyone...

Sorry for dragging up an old post like this, but it'll save me posting a new one in the wrong place or the like.

Anyway, I have a HTC phone running windows mobile through T-Mobile.

I have the plan whereby I can use my phone as a modem and use MSN Messenger etc, but what I'd really like to do is download torrents. I've messed around for a while, tweating port numbers and the best I can come up with is a measly 2~7kb/s download speed. The same if I'm using Soulseek.

Now, if I download something from Hotfile etc I can expect up to 250+kb/s, so I know it's not the connection outright that is the problem.

Has anyone any advice or experiance in this scenario that I might put to good use?

Thanks

David

Hi David - welcome to the forum :)

Are you using a mobile client for torrents or a PC/lappy accessing t'interweb via the Touch's modem? How is it connected? BT or usb cable, or even using the Touch as a wifi access point?

Have you checked connection speed using an online BB speed checker? I know from experience that torrents can vary wildly in d/l speed which rarely relates to the connection speed. I don't think I've ever needed to connect via my T-Mo whilst having uTorrent running.

Let us know how it goes...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.