Edit Contact Hangs at Custom Ring Tone for 2 minutes

Guest RonV42

Guest RonV42

I just did the March firmware upgrade on my Blackjack. Now I have an issue with my contact list. When attempting to edit a contact and scrolling down the contact details it always hangs at the "Custom Ring Tone" field for about two minutes. I found if I take out my SD card this doesn't happen. When I put the card back into the Blackjack it hangs again.

Also I noticed that file transfers to the SD card via the USB cable are really slow now also. Is this a problem with the firmware, phone, or the SD card? I was thinking about formatting the SD card again to see what happens.

Guest fatboy_au
I just did the March firmware upgrade on my Blackjack. Now I have an issue with my contact list. When attempting to edit a contact and scrolling down the contact details it always hangs at the "Custom Ring Tone" field for about two minutes. I found if I take out my SD card this doesn't happen. When I put the card back into the Blackjack it hangs again.

Also I noticed that file transfers to the SD card via the USB cable are really slow now also. Is this a problem with the firmware, phone, or the SD card? I was thinking about formatting the SD card again to see what happens.

I'm having the same problem with my BlackJack i600. I thought it happend afer installing VitoCopyPaste. I've tried to uninstall it yet no luck fixing the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MitchellO

Yep, same with my Euro unbranded i600. I just remember to take out my card when I add contacts for now. PITA though. Have to take my microSD out to change alarms as well or it hangs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest orcinus

Nope, that doesn't help.

The root on my card is empty, yet i still get the same hang on ring tone selection.

The only solution that worked for me so far, was to remove all the MP3's from My Documents...