HTC 8525 ROM work on the 8125?

Guest lcbingman

Guest lcbingman

I noticed there is a new ROM update for the 8525 on HTC's website. Anyone know if that ROM will install on my 8125?

Guest mini_man

No. Dont install it onto your phone as it WILL corrupt your bootloader rendering your phone into an expensive paper weight.

The 8525 is a Hermes and the 8525 is a Wizard. They are two extremely different types of devices with different processors etc.

Guest lcbingman

All I want to do was upgrade my 8125 to WM6 or something a bit better. I don't know exactly how these things work.

I wouldn't mind trying to upgrade with a ROM that everyone's using, but I have Cingular (AT&T) and want a ROM that's branded as such. Anyone have any idea of what I can do or where I can go to find such information?

I did a search here but there's nothing that explains anything.

Guest Confucious

If you don't know what you are doing it's probably best not to try. If you still want to go ahead then check out xda-developers.com

Guest darkswitch

There are unnoficial WM6 roms available.

There are many WM6 cooked roms out at xda-developers for the Wizard, my wizard is proof.

You must read alot of topics to get to grips with rom upgrades.

If you dont know what CID unlocking is and if you have a G4 chipset or not then I dont reccomend downloading a rom straight away at all.

Good Luck!

Guest lcbingman

Thanks for the help. I found out that I have a G3 phone. I know I can do a ROM change. My only problem is I don't know what ROM to use. There's so many out there from so many other phones. I'm looking for a ROM that is branded with AT&T if possible. Anyone know of a good ROM for me? I just don't know what to look for in a ROM.

Guest xeno1

There aren't any AT&T branded WM6 versions for your phone. The first thing you need to know though is that you can't use a WM6 version that is made for any other kind of phone other one made for an HTC wizard. Do not even attempt it unless you want to end up with a very expensive paperweight. Your phone is not like your computer, you can't just go and put any version of WM6 on it you want. You have to put one on there that was made for your exact phone.

That being out of the way, if you want to upgrade your rom go over to XDA-developers website and spend a little time in their wizard section and make sure you know what you're doing before you even think about attempting to do it.