Blackjack woes lead to inspiration

Guest Doctor Gonzo

Guest Doctor Gonzo

Hi :rolleyes:

I purchased my blackjack about a month ago, unlocked it, and began having fun with it. I heard about the update cingular err AT&T came out with. It sold me on the idea of better coverage plus hints at better stability. So like a lemming marching to it's death, I install it. Now it does not take a rocket scientist to tell you to back up your contacts, programs, files, etc... so I did. Update went with great success, but there is one minor flaw.

Can't download .cab files. Whenever I hit a link to it, I get jibberish on my screen, not a convenient thingy telling me "hey stupid, tell me weather or not you want this file!". My instincts tell me to go and look around for a fix, but does not find anything. I figured I guess I'll have to drag n drop cab files from my pc from now on to run them. Minor problem worked around, but will get back to in a couple of days when I get home. Go through the unlock thing again with no hitches, and bring back it's former glory.

Finally get home and figure... I'm gonna charge it on the usb, prolly look into fixing the .cab thingy in a bit. First I gotta do some laundry, so I disconnect the usb, and fire up tcpmp...

"WTF", "access denied? blah blah unsigned app", "oh crap!"

Do my laundry, come back, and first thing's first, run the security powertoy dealy, find out what security level whatever I'm at. Unfortunately It is stuck at "querying device configuration".

"Hmm... guess I should find a different method" find the SDA application unlocker, and verify it is blackjack friendly. After verifying that it is, I try to run it, only for it to tell me that "my phone is not unlockable" then it said "application unlock successful, restart phone". I already know it won't work, but I restart anyways.

I looked at a way to supposedly unlock by sending someone my IMEI number. That violates my constitutional right to privacy and wish not to share that information. If the microsoft tool worked before, there is no excuse for it to not work. I found this option on my phone called "reset phone" i found out the pass is 0000. I was wondering if anyone know what this does?

I am assed out now of all the applications I wanna run and out of options.

Thank you for your time

Guest smittyofdhs

reset - hard reset the device back to factory

you will need to do this to get the device clean again. bit if you upgrade the firmware already, it's going to hard reset to that same firmware. You may be screwed...

Try the hard reset first and go from there.