Orange i600 Missing Carousel

Guest rminnis

Guest rminnis

For anyone else who has the Orange branded Samsung i600, you will also know that the Samsung Carousel has been removed from the device.

Does anyone know if this can be installed/added to the Orange branded phones?

Can anyone donate a copy?

Guest Stepir

look around for Qtek8500.Cingy.carousel.zip

It contains all required but other users reported they were not able to make it work.

The short way is to reflash the phone with the european samsung rom. It has the carousel embedded and working, altought I have to say... you aren't missing anything special, it is slow sometimes and it's not customizable.

Guest orcinus

It's slow only immediately after a reboot (like most of the OS) and there really is no need to customize it.

And i beg to differ, it's very useful - after switching to a firmware w/carousel i practically never leave the home screen anymore...

Guest Stepir
It's slow only immediately after a reboot (like most of the OS) and there really is no need to customize it.

And i beg to differ, it's very useful - after switching to a firmware w/carousel i practically never leave the home screen anymore...

think it's justa a question of opinions so I don't want to discuss it... but you can't even set a wallpaper on it. wouldn't be usefull to have at least a MRU?

Guest rminnis

Do you know where would I find a copy of the European ROM? I.e. a stable version that won't brick my phone!

Seeing as my phone is Orange branded, does it pose any additional risk? Will the phone need to be unlocked first?

Thanks for your views on the carousel!

Guest orcinus
think it's justa a question of opinions so I don't want to discuss it... but you can't even set a wallpaper on it. wouldn't be usefull to have at least a MRU?

There is no space for a wallpaper anyway. And i don't need an MRU because all the apps i *really* use day to day (Contacts, Messaging, WMP, Pictures & Videos, Calendar and profiles) are already there :rolleyes:

And, actually, you can customize the way it looks (well, partially anyway):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=229

But, yeah, in the end it's only a matter of personal preferences...

Edit: @rminnis - Check your PM.

Edited by orcinus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Alsicole

I have a slightly different issue with the Carousel. I really like it, but it doesn't allow you to map Papyrus to the inbuilt calendar functions. SBSH, who make Papyrus, advise to use a different home screen, but I don't really want to. Anyone have any suggestions what I can change to make this work (registry adjustments etc).

Cheers,

Alison

• 3 months later...
Guest wooikok

hi, i upgraded my i600 form wm5 to wm6 and it was one by my local phone distributor (FMG Malaysia)

unfortunately they (samsung +FMG) have left out the Card wheel function/home screen form the wm6 upgrade in malaysia.

is there any way to get back the card wheel function..like applying some .xml file...

any help would be much appreciated.... ;)