HTC Touch Launch - full length video online

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

As most of you will know, I attended the HTC Touch launch early this week.

I took with me my camcorder, and recorded the whole thing. All good, sorta.

Technical problems were as follows:
  • Recorded the whole thing in 720P HD (good), unfortunately results in 4GB file :rolleyes:
  • Laptop out of action and in for repair, left with slow machine for video editing (very bad - no pictire or sound tweaking i'm afraid, you're gonna need to crank it up!)
  • 50 min video means it's too big for most services
  • Upload to Google Video results in insane quality loss

Anyway, for those who are interested, here it is... apologies once again for the quality! If there is interest, I can put a high quality DivX online, or definitely do something when my laptop (hopefully) returns next week :P

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

'Thumper Net' has just suggested I put a high quality version online as a torrent?

Resize to a high but not crazy res -> optimise audio -> encode as DivX -> torrent...

Thoughts?

P

Guest mikeeey

er... i just dont like it when a phone is worshiped like the iphone was....special videos like this just for this phone.

Guest mikeeey
Eh?

P

lol, well what i mean is. for this phone, there is a video like this for it. you dont see any other htc phones that come out have a video telling all about it. the most will probably a review on Cnet or somewhere.

im trying to say, if its similar to the iphone it will get a lot of fame and different videos all about it.

it would be different if all the phones being released had a nice video like this.

Guest Paul (MVP)

It has a video of the launch, because it had a launch event I was invited to. If something else launches and i'm there with my camcorder, it'll get the same treatment :rolleyes:

P

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

i would imagine also that it marks somewhat of a step forward by HTC, hence the event and therefore the video :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mdw_cubed
'Thumper Net' has just suggested I put a high quality version online as a torrent?

Resize to a high but not crazy res -> optimise audio -> encode as DivX -> torrent...

Thoughts?

P

A torrent would be great, I download all my podcasts via torrent RSS feeds. Maybe you could publish an RSS feed so we can subscribe for any video or audio reviews and they'll be automatically downloaded and the bandwidth shared among the subscribers :rolleyes:.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.