wifi problems....

Guest mstar

Guest mstar

i have now a wirless network (using WPA security) in my house and all seemed fine 2 laptops connected easiler etc etc.

Then i tried my M5000 and it just stayed in the "connecting to network" state for over 30 mins, an never found the network. I tried manually entering the netweork name/ network key and still the same thing :rolleyes:

i am stuck. I went to a free public wifi spot and it finds the network absolutly fine. Is this a setting thing as i have security enabled? i also tried it with no security and still same thing. anybody help :P pleaseee

i was thinking is it anything to do with my router UPnP, etc settings? i have a netgear dg848GT router setting wirless netwrok to use B and G protocols

Edited by mstar

Guest mstar
It might be that your device isn't keen on WPA encryption. Try changing the router to WEP and see if that works.

sorry guys i manually added the netwrok name and password and it now works! weird :rolleyes: but i am not complaining :P

Guest Shuflie
sorry guys i manually added the netwrok name and password and it now works! weird :rolleyes: but i am not complaining :P

I expect it was a typo when you entered the password earlier, I'm just going on the number of typos that you managed to make in the first post. :D Not that I'm any better, if you go through my old posts you see a number of them have been edited to fix typos/spelling mistakes. :D