Audio Manager vs Media Player - Dopod S301

Guest mparker

Guest mparker

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a Dopod S301 and overall am very impressed with the phone. One issue that is bugging me is HTC's Audio Manager and its relationship with the media buttons on the front. The buttons default to opening Audio Manager rather than Windows Media Player. I don't want to use Audio Manager. I have replaced HTC's Voice Commander (which I couldn't get to work properly) with Microsoft's Voice Command (which works flawlessly). The problem with Audio Manager is that when I press the VC prompt button, the music keeps playing rather than pausing to wait for the command. It also gets piped through my BT headset which means I can't hear hear the VC confirmation. WMP plays properly with VC.

The other issue I am having is that if I start Media Player manually, it stops when I close the clamshell. I have unchecked the "Pause Playback While Using Another Program" option, and it keeps playing if I return to the home screen, for instance. But as soon as I close the shell, WMP stops. It also seems to re-check the "Pause Playback" option each time I turn the phone off/on.

So, my questions is - does anyone know any way of removing Audio Manager and letting the phone use WMP by default? Audio Manager doesnt show up in the list of programs able to be removed in "Remove Programs".

The manual states that the front buttons should control WMP.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Edit: Changed "Media Manager" to "Audio Manager"

Edited by mparker