Touch on Orange?

Guest trevormuk

Guest trevormuk

Had a search around the net, but as yet have no indication when we can exepct to see the phone on Orange.

Anyone able to provide any details?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Shuflie
Had a search around the net, but as yet have no indication when we can exepct to see the phone on Orange.

Thanks in advance.

It will probably take them a while to get all their customisations onto it and complete testing before it appears.

Guest rupert_hollom

Thanks in advance.

I checked in my local Orange shop yesterday and they where saying between 4 and 6 weeks to allow Orange to testing, etc on the phone before starting to supply it - which will coincide with my upgrade date! :rolleyes:

Guest trevormuk
I checked in my local Orange shop yesterday and they where saying between 4 and 6 weeks to allow Orange to testing, etc on the phone before starting to supply it - which will coincide with my upgrade date! :P

Thanks mate

Patience is not one of my strengths!!!

I have decided to order from expansys (saves me the grief of the sugar cube!!!) on a voda contract... which I have persuaded :rolleyes: my company to start... saves the hassle of having to explain an upfront payhment of +£300 !!!

Although it is showing as "in stock" ready for next day delivery.... when you have placed the order and track it it is showing as stock in 7 days!!! Little bit naughty.

Guest dommars
It will probably take them a while to get all their customisations onto it and complete testing before it appears.

Spoke to orange today myself.. absolutely no one has heard of the htc touch.

PC Pro video review says "available now from orange".

...................I dont think so.

Lets hope they are not ruining the good looks of this device with their branding and dull coloured and limiting software.

Thinking about buying device elsewhere.......maybe. :rolleyes:

Dom.

Guest trevormuk
Spoke to orange today myself.. absolutely no one has heard of the htc touch.

PC Pro video review says "available now from orange".

...................I dont think so.

Lets hope they are not ruining the good looks of this device with their branding and dull coloured and limiting software.

Thinking about buying device elsewhere.......maybe. :rolleyes:

Dom.

Received mine from Expansys...

Really smart device.. very pleased :P

Guest c0v0c

Keep this one up there guys!

We rang Orange as soon as Paul (modaco) released initial news (some 2 wks ago) and were told we would be on a waiting list and of course the individual we spoke to had heard of the HTC Touch, key word here individual, others we spoke to since are clueless...

I remember telling a Orange CS rep to just be quite when he was telling the SPV range was manufactuered by Orange not HTC and how he had worked for Orange for years and had never even heard of HTC, to which the know all no nothing *!#? couldnt expain why T-Mobile & O2 etc have identical phones with different names!

Most mobile phone sales men in my experience understand the typical fashion, ring tone kack phones like the back of their hand but know little of the PPC end of the market, let alone WM versions.

Anyway, later subsequent phone calls enquiring on how the waiting list is going seeing as we put around £400+ Oranges way every month for the last 6 years was met with a "we dont do waiting lists" reply, typical mis-information!

I know for a fact they do in the retail shops but they are a totally seperate company from Orange telesales.

So regular hassle seems to be the only positive route to me getting my hands on the Touch device through Orange.

Whats your experiences, keep everyone posted as I will, I remember going down this road with the ol' M2000 a few years back and all the info on modaco m2000 wanabes was so helpful.

Thanks guys (n' girls)

Chris

Guest musicvan
Keep this one up there guys!

We rang Orange as soon as Paul (modaco) released initial news (some 2 wks ago) and were told we would be on a waiting list and of course the individual we spoke to had heard of the HTC Touch, key word here individual, others we spoke to since are clueless...

I was interested in getting one when I read the press release stating a June 5th release, along with an Orange VP stating they would be selling this as a HTC branded phone, and the fact they could not mess up the touch interface like so many previous WM phones (or can they!). But as usual Orange customer services were clueless and tried to sell me an N95 as its a smartphone too....Did not expect too much here but it would be good to have some joined up thinking in the same company. Apple CEO stands up at a press release and announces a new product, apple store goes off line for a couple of mins, returns with new product available to all, Orange VP stands up and makes statement, 3 weeks later nothing!

So almost a month later no sign of the phone appearing? Maybe their are spending a couple of months on adding the usual crapware to the ROM?

With their recent poor customer service and comedy attempt to introduce a unlimited data rate (30MB!) I think I might go and buy an unlocked one as they appear to be falling in price already (seen some at 254 pounds , were just over 300 pounds a couple of week ago).

Guest jim.mason
I was interested in getting one when I read the press release stating a June 5th release, along with an Orange VP stating they would be selling this as a HTC branded phone, and the fact they could not mess up the touch interface like so many previous WM phones (or can they!). But as usual Orange customer services were clueless and tried to sell me an N95 as its a smartphone too....Did not expect too much here but it would be good to have some joined up thinking in the same company. Apple CEO stands up at a press release and announces a new product, apple store goes off line for a couple of mins, returns with new product available to all, Orange VP stands up and makes statement, 3 weeks later nothing!

So almost a month later no sign of the phone appearing? Maybe their are spending a couple of months on adding the usual crapware to the ROM?

With their recent poor customer service and comedy attempt to introduce a unlimited data rate (30MB!) I think I might go and buy an unlocked one as they appear to be falling in price already (seen some at 254 pounds , were just over 300 pounds a couple of week ago).

I fell into the price trap too - when you're looking at the price, make sure you know if VAT is included as £254 + VAT = £298.45, plus there is likely to be shipping added on too.

Cheers

Jim

Guest musicvan
I fell into the price trap too - when you're looking at the price, make sure you know if VAT is included as £254 + VAT = £298.45, plus there is likely to be shipping added on too.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for that, your right. I did a quick search on google and several places appeared to indicate prices of around 250 on their front pages with no indication of vat anywhere? Its only when I started to purchase the thing vat appeared! I wish these companies would advertise the price correctly!

• 4 weeks later...
:)

FInally on my way to Orange Lakeside to pick mine up today!!!!

Got mine yesterday from Orange Shop in Paternoster Square, City of London.

All the branches in the City seem to have them.

Prices range from £129 (lowest band) to free on the top two bands, depending on your spend.

Guest c0v0c
Got mine yesterday from Orange Shop in Paternoster Square, City of London.

All the branches in the City seem to have them.

Prices range from £129 (lowest band) to free on the top two bands, depending on your spend.

Hey all back,

Not with one but two TOUCHES from the very helpful rep "shawn" at Lakeside Orange.

And the best bit when i said how much he said ££££££FREEEEE!!!

I used to be on Orange but moved away just over a year ago with my own phone and the 5 others I have for employees in my company over to O2 because they were offering the XDA-Exec free when Orange wasnt prepared to....

Well i allowed 4 of our phones to go back to orange in the past few months for various SPV models and today I and the last other handset returned, downgrading my O2 max £75 per month package to an Orange Panther £55 per month and a Dolphin £35 per month for the second phone.

He said as long as we have a £35 per month the contract its free!!!

Throw in the "give an old handset back" deal and we are going to drop 2 old not cracked screen phones only back tomorrow for £300 worth of credit to our company account!

We only went on the lower packages so we could find out our average uses and change up at anytime to cope as opposed to not being able to change down once signed up!!!

Bonus is obviously those prices include VAT so being VAT registered it doesnt even cost that.

We were tired (refering back to the original post in this thread) of ringing Orange CS ref the HTC Touch until we found i think on coolsmartphone someone saying they got theres in a store, hence us ringing and getting on waiting lists.

Hopefully nobody else has to put their hands in their pocket to get one either.

And no doubt once the average phone user cottons on to the smart HTC iPhone alternative with a PPC background with Orange showing the phone available everywhere things will no doubt end up back to the troubled M2000 days of old!!!

Goood luck,

Chris

Guest jfran

Does anyone know if these devices are locked to orange as I have noticed they havent placed much orange customisation on the device I played with

rgs

Jim

Guest carlosp_uk

Read about the Touches being available on Orange - checked the website... ...nothing.

Phoned up.... ...no news.

Went to my local Orange Shop... ...after a moment of looking thoughtful, the woman said "Oh, yeah, I think we have had one delivered" and went out the back and got me their only HTC Touch! 15 minutes later I left the shop with it on a free upgrade.

Result. Shame Orange have never been able to get their act together when it comes to co-ordinating the release of a new phone, though!

Jim - almost certainly will be locked to Orange, but can't confirm until I borrow a friend's SIM. I'd be utterly amazed if it wasn't, though.

Edited by carlosp_uk

Does anyone know if these devices are locked to orange as I have noticed they havent placed much orange customisation on the device I played with

rgs

Jim

Afraid mine is definitely locked to Orange.