Is there a homescreen plugin that can measure monthly count/usage of ....

Guest paholman

Guest paholman

Most monthly contracts these days offer free talk time, texts (Some PAYG offer free texts with a min. Topup agreements) ,MMS and GPRS, it would be nice to keep track on the usage each month, and displayed on a homescreen, along with the GPRS.

Something like:

Text Message Sent Counter (counted from a certain day of the month, with a reset option)

MMS Sent Counter (counted from a certain day of the month, with a reset option)

Talk Time Minutes Used Counter Peak/Off Peak (again count from a certain day of the month, with a reset option)

I have a GPRS monitor, which does a similar thing for GPRS, but it would be really nice to also have the above too.

Is there anything like this available or would this be difficult to develop?

Edited by paholman

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paholman

I assume with 122 views so far, no-one has seen one available, so my next question would be:

Are there any Developers out there willing to create one? :)

Guest chucky.egg

In theory it would be possible to track call usage (Paul wrote an app that creates calendar appointments for calls, so something similar could track durations and times of day)

AFAIK there never was a way to track SMS and MMS

Even if it was possible it always used to be (in the WM2003 days) a complete nightmare to create a Homescreen plugin - I recall another member created one and it generated nothing but headaches for him.

Good luck with your search, but don't get your hopes up too high!

Guest paholman

Hi, hunyango_uk, chucky.egg

Thanks for the replies.

"Dashboard" looks promising, and I also found "BatteryStatus-Plugin", but unfortunately both of these are for the PPC and won't work on the Smartphone.

I was hoping to find something that works for Windows Mobile 6 Standard (Smartphone/non touchscreen) devices.

Oh well, if not a homescreem plugin, a small App would do me

Edited by paholman