Black Shadow & Tmobile

Guest nato

Guest jimbouk

There's a new cab by LordSmiff that apparently does all the T settings for you.

But to answer the first part of your question, I would guess 100's of people have

Guest Jan the man

I flashed fine and am on T Mobile.... still havent done the MMS settings but did the Internet ones easily enough. Instructions for settings are on the t mob website.

Guest Phil John

HTC themselves provide a program to configure over ActiveSync, it's on the Trinity download page IIRC, but it works quite nicely.

The only problem is it sets up the T-Mob proxy, and for some reason I cannot seem to remove it, so I did a hard reset and configured by hand.

Guest Rob.P

I've recently bitten the bullet and flashed my hermes to black shadow ROM, I then used the HTC exe to setup tmobile settings on the phone, all went well.

Loaded my apps and then went to setup Windows Live.... refused to connect. So after lots of searching of forums and the web in general, I came to the conclusion that the T-Mobile Internet settings that were setup include a proxy server setting, so I thought, uncheck that and see what happens. It refused to be switched off, (I think it automatically switches itself back on when you connect to the net, although not 100% sure about that). So there am I, quite gutted that I couldn't live to work and that is one of my main use apps, after lots more playing about and checking, I decided to look at the MMS settings, which believe it or not are exactly the same as the internet settings just without the proxy switched on, so I have no changed my connection settings to use T-Mobile MMS and it's working like a dream (plus a few other apps that I thought had just tried the net at the wrong time are also happy bunnies as well).

Hope that's of some help to some peeps.

P.S. lovin this ROM :rolleyes:

Edited by Rob.P

Guest Lordsmiff

Here's the cab I made that restores the t-mobile UK settings. I've tested it on mine and it works OK :rolleyes:

If you come across a problem with it, let me know.

Cheers,

Smiffy.

T_MobileUK.CAB

Edited by Lordsmiff

Guest Nox_UK

flashed it and went onto the tmobile website to get the settings - took about 30 secs (well maybe 2 mins max) to set up manually.

browse the net fine, not actually tested anything else yet, or even sync'd my contacts!

Nox

Guest Lordsmiff
thought i'd add the link:

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/...-phone-manuals/

then click your phone, then internet settings. only have to specify username/password. browsing seems a lot faster that on the tmobile rom.

Nox

That's great if you're at a PC when you need them but if you have to hard-reset your phone while you're out and about, then just running a cab is by far the easiest way to put everything back - just keep it on your SD card and it's always there when you need it. And if you have a push mail account that syncs your contacts etc. you can get yourself up and running again in 5 minutes :rolleyes:

Smiffy.

Guest burnsnet
That's great if you're at a PC when you need them but if you have to hard-reset your phone while you're out and about, then just running a cab is by far the easiest way to put everything back - just keep it on your SD card and it's always there when you need it. And if you have a push mail account that syncs your contacts etc. you can get yourself up and running again in 5 minutes :)

Smiffy.

Just checking... All I need is the new ROM and your CAB and I'm all set to go - is that right?

Thanks

Guest UndeadDevil

Yep, might want to upgrade your Radio as well though, 1.41 is the best for T-Mobile. 1.43 has issues and 1.38 is best for Orange.

When I upgraded my Vario II's Radio from the one it shipped with call quality improved, HSDPA speed doubled and battery last's longer.

I suggest you leave the Radio upgrade to after you have flashed Black Shadow, otherwise the Auto-Detect will not work.

Good luck with your flash, all will be fine if you follow Mr Vanx's Guides.

Guest tommyotto

just a quick note. highly recommend this cab. simply paste onto the phone and run from there. i tried doing the connection manually and i couldn't send mms. remember to cold boot after you have ran the .cab file.

p.s. cheers for the cab file