GPRS Connection Manager (PocketPC Phone Edition)

Guest edgecrush3r

Guest edgecrush3r

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2292
File Name: GPRS Connection Manager (PocketPC Phone Edition)

File Submitter: edgecrush3r

File Submitted: 30 May 2007

File Category: Pocket PC Phone Edition Software

Hi Guys,

Since my upgrade to WM6 and start using Windows Live Messenger, I got very annoyed by the weird behaviour of starting GPRS Connections even while connected through my local WiFi-router. Sooo scooping around the Internet, I found some usefull and un-usefull tips (such as removing the whole damn settings).

Since I am blessed with E-Ten's M700 ConnectionManager for enabling/disabling ALL connections EXCEPT GPRS connectivity, I started to roll-my-own little tool in order to simplify things a bit more :rolleyes: . This tool simply modifies the Connection 'Enable' registrykey as explained on (http://www.pocketpc-live.com/collection-of-registry-tweaks-for-your-pocket-pc.html), nothing more nothing less and most of all it works for me.

Current features:

* Enable/Disable GPRS Connections

* A REAL CLOSE BUTTON :P

Coming-up features:

* Stop current active GPRS session

* Remember selected connection

(PS: I just wrote this tool in a couple of hours, because I realy got fed-up... The tool works perfectly for me, and should also for you. Needless to say I cannot hold any responsibility of the registry settings on your phone.)

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

.OpenNETCF Version 1.4 (download http://www.opennetcf.org/download.asp?prod...iceFramework14)

Click here to download this file

Guest Robert Hawley
You can leave your feedback here :) (... even if you are not so happy !! :P )

I couldn't get it to work. Would it be possible to get a brief installation instruction?

Knowing what you do about this stuff, do you think an application is possible that detects if WiFi is connected, then kills GPRS if it is?

Guest edgecrush3r
I couldn't get it to work. Would it be possible to get a brief installation instruction?

Knowing what you do about this stuff, do you think an application is possible that detects if WiFi is connected, then kills GPRS if it is?

Installation is manually, and basic.

1. Copy the files to your device using active sync.

2. Use FileExplorer to locate the .exe and click on it.

2.b [optionally] create a shortcut, to Windows/Programs for quick access

-----

Basically what this tool does, is it enables/disables your GPRS completely.. so no GPRS connection can be made when disabled.

On Live Messenger, this forces the application to use WIFI.

• 2 months later...
Guest matsmith

I can't get this working either (must be something simple!).

I've copied the file over & can run it no problem - but get an 'unexpected error' every time I try to run it.

I'm sure its something to do with the opennetcf stuff - I've downloaded this, but not sure what to do with it on the pocket pc.

Any help?

I'm in France, and GPRS connections are charged by the second here, regardless of whether you download anything or not. NIGHTMARE!

Edited by matsmith

Guest matsmith

No worries - sorted it!

If it helps anyone else, the problem was simple ;) . I installed the GPRS connection manager software after a full reset, before I had configured the GPRS portal settings in comms manager. Once the GPRS connection settings had been added it worked fine!

M

I take it I have to have OpenNETCF Version 1.4 which requires Visual Studio .NET 2003 to be installed to run the program?

Paul M

Edited by messy

• 1 month later...
Guest edgecrush3r
I take it I have to have OpenNETCF Version 1.4 which requires Visual Studio .NET 2003 to be installed to run the program?

Paul M

Nopes... if correct there should be also a Runtime for download.

Cheers,

T.

• 5 months later...
Guest MTroncoso
Installation is manually, and basic.

1. Copy the files to your device using active sync.

2. Use FileExplorer to locate the .exe and click on it.

2.b [optionally] create a shortcut, to Windows/Programs for quick access

-----

Basically what this tool does, is it enables/disables your GPRS completely.. so no GPRS connection can be made when disabled.

On Live Messenger, this forces the application to use WIFI.

Hi there...the OpenNETCF Version 1.4 files should be installed in the same as the ones of the ConnectionManager? I mean loading into the device and run them? Thanks

• 7 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.