Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest Numero12

Hello,

I followed your procedure, but once I run Action Register, I get to the screen with my IMEI and Phone #... All is OK

but then I get :

phone is registered

When I click on menu>Run Action Lock

It tells me nothing...

And when I click on Register, it tells me Action lock must be running...

Can someone help ?

#12.

Guest MoRFLeZ

Maber:

Sørg for, at du allerede har været på nettet med din fon.

Dernæst går du herhen! Click Me

Bare følg instructionerne, hvis den giver dig en fejl besked i rødt ALLER nederst nede, så forsøg igen, den vil nu lede den hen til en ny side, hvor du kan downloade et lille program der hedder Action Register. Dette kan du enten downloade direkte til telefonen, eller til din PC! Det fylder vist kun 20kb, så bare få det direkte ned på din telefon.

Kør programmet som nu ligger i din Start Menu, det kan være du skal køre det et par gange, før det melder tilbage, at du nu er registreret! WOoHOo

Du kan nu vende direkte tilbage til den officielle side (den du var på først) og putte dine informationer ind igen! Denne gang bør den melde tilbage, at du er 'un-locked' .. hvis ikke så leg lidt med et eventuelt mellemrum mellem +45 og resten af dit telefon nummer. Det virker til, at det er forskelligt fra telefon til telefon!

Håber det går! Har sikkert glemt en masse, men du burde flyve lige igennem *wink*

Edited: Jeg glemte helt at sige, at efter du har kørt Action Register, bør du logge på nettet med din telefon, før du prøver at unlocke! Det burde afhjælpe eventuelle problemer!

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Thanks MoRFLeZ, jeg har simpelthen ikke haft tid de sidste dage til at lave en ordentlig oversættelse til maber.

maber: sorry :lol:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Bare følg instructionerne, hvis den giver dig en fejl besked i rødt ALLER nederst nede, så forsøg igen, den vil nu lede den hen til en ny side

Jooh, men ikke altid, og det er en del af problemet. Da jeg prøvede et 2. forsøg, fik jeg heller ingen bekræftelsesbesked. Jeg blev nødt til at taste bogstaver i stedet for tal i IMEI/tlf. nr. felterne for at kom frem til Action Register siden, og så gik det igennem derefter....hmm.

Guest MoRFLeZ

Chris: lol .. hehe ja der er snart mange muligheder!!

Maber:

Hvis ikke det virker med dit rigtige info .. så skriv noget juks! Så virker det sikkert *S* .. held og lykke!

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
Chris: lol .. hehe ja der er snart mange muligheder!!

Heh, det har du sandelig ret i :lol:

Denne tråd er blevet til et deltids-job for mig ;)

Guest Numero12

Are those last 4 messages answering my problem ? Could you keep it to english so most of us can follow the thread... Thanks.

Guest MoRFLeZ

We were explaining it in Danish, because someone was having problems with the english translation!

If someone had a solution to your problem, I'm sure they would post it in english *sigh*.

Hi!

I'm still having problems.. Is it at all possible to Unlock the phone without using GPRS connection and just normal CSD dialup? I can't use GRPS on my SPV with my current SIM... :lol:

Regards, TnT

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
I'm still having problems.. Is it at all possible to Unlock the phone without using GPRS connection and just normal CSD dialup? I can't use GRPS on my SPV with my current SIM... :lol:

Hmm, I really don't know - in any case, Orange need to discover your currently-assigned IP# so the de-cert process can continue. Try this: get on the net using your CSD connection and visit www.myip.dk - it'll give you an indication of whether your IP# will be visible to Orange's de-cert server.

Hmm, I really don't know - in any case, Orange need to discover your currently-assigned IP# so the de-cert process can continue. Try this: get on the net using your CSD connection and visit www.myip.dk - it'll give you an indication of whether your IP# will be visible to Orange's de-cert server.

I don't think that's the problem... I tried going to www.myip.dk both on my computer and on my phone and I do get an IP adress. I even tried going through the entire unlock procedure using IE on my SPV, and there was no error or anything. It got to the "You phone is now unlocked please wait 5 minutes blabla" page but nothing happens after that. No confirmation on the phone... I don't get it...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Regards, TnT

Guest legalbeagle

I am having a similar problem. It seems to me that the process has changed since the initial "how to" guide was prepared. I do not get the option to down load the program referred to. Instead, I get a message saying:

"Your SPV will be unlocked shortly and a message will appear on the screen of your SPV to confirm this. Please note that it may take upto [sic] 5 minutes for your device to be unlocked.

This is the message that will appear on your SPV [picture]".

It is implied that this will happen automatically without further ado. Looking at the forum, some users appear to be experiencing this: MoRFLeZ wrote

Is there a reason it was sooo easy for me? Have I only done half .. cause I didn't download anything .. or put anything on my phone ... !?!

I have tried 5 times now w/o success. I am curently trying it without having my phone in cradle, in case it is using the pass through instead of properly activating GPRS.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

TnT: do a whois at www.ripe.net to check the owner of the IP number and see if it's registered as a proxy IP (i.e. proxy.xxxxxx.xxx). If your CSD connection connects via a proxy server then it could well be that you won't get the confirmation as Orange won't be able to _authenticate_ your IP as a phone, just as a proxy.

Have you tried installing a non-certified app anyway?

legalbeagle: The process hasn't changed since I wrote the step-by-step, I did another phone for a mate in the same way two days ago.

Guest BigBlue007

Has anyone considered that if we decert our SPVs this way, Orange might find out if you've net-unlocked it on your own?

I'm from Germany, got my SPV from Switzerland, but (because it was already expensive enough) I uses SPVUnlock.exe to read out the netlock unlock code from the device and then unlocked it to use it with my german SIM. I believe most SPV users from countries where the SPV is not available did the same.

Now I'm a little bit afraid that Orange can realize that I'm trying to decert a SPV using a non-Orange SIM even though I never purchased the netlock unlock code from them. I don't want to think about what nasty things this "Action lock" application might do to my SPV...

What do you guys think about that?

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

BigBlue: you've been reading too many conspiracy novels, m8. It's in no way illegal to SIM-unlock your phone as long as you pay your contractually obliged [x] months - not in any Northern-european country, at any rate AFAIK.

I doubt somewhat that Orange have a record of all the phones that have been unlocked, given that they're being sold all over northwestern europe. If you believe Action Lock will wreck your SPV, then think again. We've all bought our own SPVs, Orange can't deliberately lock our property by way of getting us to download and run a "malicious" app - think of the amount of cases that'd be started against them. What if they made an administrative mistake and locked a phone that was bought unlocked for development? Too big a risk, and simply not worth the hassle for them.

If you have a problem with that or you're a chicken (no shame in that, by the way), fair enough, don't do the de-cert.

This thread is here to help those who DO want to do the de-cert but are having problems; if you have an opinion about the morals of the matter, post it elsewhere on the board, please.

YEAHH!!! :lol:

The unlock finally got through... It apparently just needed some time, cause I didn't try further since my last post and when I got home from work the unlock screen appeared. I'm SO happy now.. ;) ScummVM here I come...

Good luck to the rest of you who still have problems... Maybe you just need some time too..

Regards, TnT

Guest BigBlue007
It's in no way illegal to SIM-unlock your phone as long as you pay your contractually obliged [x]months - not in any Northern-european country, at any rate AFAIK.

You're probably right. On the other hand - the company where I have my contract from has not anything to do with Orange. If my contract would be from Orange, your argument would be ok. But since it isn't... :roll:

I doubt somewhat that Orange have a record of all the phones that have been unlocked, given that they're being sold all over northwestern europe. If you believe Action Lock will wreck your SPV, then think again. We've all bought our own SPVs, Orange can't deliberately lock our property by way of getting us to download and run a "malicious" app - think of the amount of cases that'd be started against them. What if they made an administrative mistake and locked a phone that was bought unlocked for development?  Too big a risk, and simply not worth the hassle for them.
Yes, sounds reasonable.

If you have a problem with that or you're a chicken

I like chicken. With garlic sauce f.i. ... :lol:

The simple point is that I didn't wanted my EUR 500 phone to be f*cked up because Orange would have preferred that I payed them EUR 100 for net-unlocking. There is absolutely no moral aspects about my posting.

edit:

I just did it - worked like a breese... ;)

Thanks alot!

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

> I just did it - worked like a breese...

Heh heh - good on ya. I doubt O's Men in Black will be knocking on your door tonight (pretty cool if they do though :twisted: )

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
For anyone still having problems I received this PDF file from Orange today

Heh, very nice of Orange - but they neglect to mention that you often *don't* get taken to the Action Register page on the second attempt to register. I've tried all manner of *figures* in the phone number/IMEI fields 2nd time around and then I *always* get the confirmatin-page, never the AR page. Letters seem to do the trick, though...

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
En eller anden, plz hjælp mig med er fortælle mig hvordan jeg unlocker på dansk... jeg fatter minus af engelsk....

Har du ikke set MoRFLeZ indlæg for et par dage siden? Send mig en PM hvis du stadig har brug for en oversættelse.

Other users (in case you're wondering what we're on about): maber's not so hot with english, I've asked him to PM me from now on if he needs translations and so on; this thread's already confused enough as it is :lol:

Guest vviinnzz

hello.

maybe this can help.

i followed exactly the instruction given at the top of the post;

i tried a hundred times but it wouldn't work. (i'm a french user).

i finally managed to have it work; here's how:

i tried registering my phone w/ action register a couple of times

using a different # format each time: +33[space]xxxxx, +33xxxx,

and 06xxxxx.

when i used the +33xx and space format in the online form it wouldn't

work.

it only worked when i used the basic 06xxxxx format. i did this while

my phone was GPRSly online :lol: , and 30 seconds my connexion on

a random site was redirected to the success page.

i yet have to try if it's actually unlocked :?

thanks to everyone _ good luck

vviinnzz