Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest fozzie

Chris,

I have just been reading a post (in my naughtily cross linked thread - I feel that I should link that 'here' but then I'd be in double trouble!) of someone else in the UK having success with OTA unlocking following my method - well, almost my method:

They didn't use any spaces but because they didn't know how to get the '+' on the SPV just entered 44xxxxxxxxx in the Action Reg app but did do +44xxxxxxxxxx on the Orange web page - it still worked!

It seems clear that people are having success with different methods, in different countries. I think it would be worth updating your first post in this sticky to say to people to try both methods (with and without a space after the country code).

The other thing that struck me was that some people may not know that when entering a number in the international format, you omit the '0' from the area/dial code. It's easy to assume that they do but by saying +44xxxxxxxxxx, people may be leaving the '0' in. This is definitely worth mentioning in your initial post.

Cheers,

P.S. I am still genuinely interested in what part the SMS carrier takes in this process.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Ayup Fozzie,

OK mate, I see your point - I'll update the original post here.

Re. the SMS - as far as I understand what I've been told, it's Ora's SMS system that's responsible for the sending of the confirmation page. There have been (unspecified) problems with ActionEngine/SMS gateway/hub, so Orange will be rectifying the situation within a couple of weeks. I can't tell you more (because I wasn't told more), only that I relay the above on good authority. Anyway, we should hopefully have a more consistent de-cert page "soon"

Guest spraycleaner

I can't login that page now ... could yesterday.. is it downagain?

my SPV is locked because of some upgrade.. hmmpff..

the page is only giving me this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /orgspv/comdef.aspx

Guest spraycleaner

I can't login that page now ... could yesterday.. is it downagain?

my SPV is locked because of some upgrade.. hmmpff..

the page is only giving me this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /orgspv/comdef.aspx

Guest fozzie
Ayup Fozzie,

OK mate, I see your point - I'll update the original post here.

Re. the SMS.............

Cheers Chris. Is it worth mentioning about missing out the leading zero in that first post - I know it's mentioned in a bit more detail later in the thread but people may not get that far ;)

I've had no problems here in the UK. Just this minute done a third SPV since yesterday - all done in less than 30 secs :)

Guest ZiCoN

I couldn't get my phone unlocked again after the keyboard update either.. Here's what I did..

First: Uninstall the keyboard update.

Second: Re-install the keyboard update.

Third: Reboot the SPV, anf then again if it asks for it.

Fourth: Unlock from http://developers.orange.com

That did it for me, it took about 25 seconds, then I got confirmation.

ZiCoN

Try it... It just might work ;)

Guest pierluigi.ferro

I write from Italy. After running the "Action Register" on my SPV I have the following status: "Action Lock is not running phone is not registred". I tried with "menu" "run Action Lock" but nothing appened.

Do you have any advise?

Pierluigi

Instructions for de-certing if you're experiencing problems

--

Edit 23.04.2003: A (seemingly) UK-specific update from fozzie here:

So all you UK-types that have been having problems: give this a try.

--

This guide was mainly written for those who've been having problems with getting the official de-cert process to go through; I'm not especially an expert, the hints posted here are simply the best results of a lot of my trial-and-error attempts to get a couple of SPVs de-certed ;)

Note: It may be necessary to establish a GPRS connection before you start trying this de-cert process - Action Register needs to make a short data call to register with Orange's SPV-database, I assume, and it doesn't always do this on it's own. Be sure to establish a new GPRS connection after you've done with the de-cert process.

First of all, disable any popup stopper apps you have running. If you're using Norton Internet Security, temporarily disable this too.

Go to the normal Orange Official De-cert link.

When asked for your details, try typing the number in this format:

+45[space]xxxxxxxx

Type your IMEI in the appropriate field.

Press OK.

If you get the error, go to the phone number field, type in some text nonsense, do the same in the IMEI field.

Press OK.

You'll get taken to a page where you can download a registration app (Action Register) to your SPV. On this page you'll need to type in your phone number in the format:

+xx[space]xxxxxxx

Do this and then run Action Register, following the instructions on the above page.

N.B. It seems that there are some inconsistencies with the format of the telephone number required by Action Register - it may be that you don't need to type the country-code at all as this seems to get added automatically. Obvious, really, though I used the country code on my own SPV and the process went through OK.

Action Register should then report "Phone registered"

Go online via GPRS to any webpage. <- Thanks to Torben for this

Next, back to the de-cert page, type the phone number, not forgetting the space, and make sure it's exactly the same as the one you typed on the previous page!

Type in your SPV's IMEI; it's written on a sticker on the side of the Orange packaging, on the receipt and you can also get it by typing *#06# on your SPV.

Press [OK], et voilà - it goes through! You should get a confirmation sent to your SPV within a minute or so. This confirmation means that your SPV is *definitely* no longer application-locked. Ace :)

Now you can restart your popup stopper app and get to work configuring your NIS settings properly :D

If the above doesn't work for you within 5 minutes, try again - check that *all* the phone numbers you type in are the same.

Once you've done the above, you'll *not* need to use this method again to de-cert, for example when you hard reset or install an update. After completing the above, the phone will be registered with Orange and the de-cert page will work properly every time thereafter.

EDIT: Easier to read, more precise & Torben's correction. GPRS tip. Number format request. Title change, the problems don't only occur in Denmark.

Guest footie

Hi I'm having trouble with all this stuff so please forgive me if someone else has asked all this before.

I got an spv yesterday and have had to unlock it to the 02 network. This worked fine, then I updated it from the orange website.

Now I'm hoping to software unlock it. How do I do this, whenever I use the orange site thats been mentioned I'm told it can't make the call. Has anyone got any ideas what I should be doing? Can I use any of the other techniques for software unlocking namely the changing the oem file, or is this impossible due to the newest upgrades?

Thanks to all who can help

Tony

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

footie: it sounds like you don't have GPRS enabled. If you're in the UK, then fozzie's method should do the trick for you.

• 1 month later...
Guest SHANE.DEV

I NEED SERIOUS HELP, JUS BOUGHT AN SPV WITH A 128 SD CARD, UNLOCKED AND DECERTED, BUT AFTER A FEW HOURS IT LOCKED UP AND PRETTY MUCH RESET, NOW MOST OF THE PROGRAMS/APPS DONT WORK (INC SMS) ALTHOUGH IT IS STILL SIM UNLOCKED. IM NOT THAT COMPUTER LITERATE SO I NEED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

1. HOW CAN I GET MY PHONE BACK TO HOW IT WAS, RUNNING ALL APPS INC UNSIGNED?

2. HOW DO I OBTAIN WEB/GPRS/BROWSER SETTINGS, AS MY SCREEN IS BLANK?

PLEASE HELP, THANKS

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No need for caps.

It sounds like you'll need to do a hard reset. This will return the phone to its original state, so any SMS messages, unsynced contacts and programs you have on there now will all be removed. It will however restore the SMS editor and GPRS settings.

To do a hard reset click the link.

To decert go to the Orange OTA site and follow those in structions. Make sure your GPRS is active when you submit the request. Any problems take a look through this thread first before asking any questions.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Larholm

I have been mailing a bit with one of the devs at orange.

They are working on a new version of the Action register program, that will get the unlock codes directely from the network.

I have recieved a beta version of it, and will test it on a couple of original SPV's in the next few days.

Will keep you posted :-)

/Larholm

Guest Larholm

I have been mailing a bit with one of the devs at orange.

They are working on a new version of the Action register program, that will get the unlock codes directely from the network.

I have recieved a beta version of it, and will test it on a couple of original SPV's in the next few days.

Will keep you posted :-)

/Larholm

Guest girlpantz

I'm in need of help here! I got my SPV today, did the update software and SIM unlocked the phone so I can use my Virgin Mobile Sim Card. I want to do the de-cert thing, but I don't know where to start?! I have the phone in the cradle at the moment. Now, do I go to the Orange website on my computer or on the phone? Also, when I enter my phone number and IMEI number, can Orange clock on that it's not an Orange Sim Card I'm using?

TIA, Paul.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Click on OTA for more info on unlocking then read the first post of this topic, it gives you all the info you need

to decert your phone :)

Guest fozzie
Also, when I enter my phone number and IMEI number, can Orange clock on that it's not an Orange Sim Card I'm using?

Just in case it's not clear in the OTA thread, all of this should be done with your Orange SIM in the SPV. Once you've de-certed you can put your Virgin SIM back in.

Guest girlpantz

What do I do if I don't have an Orange Sim Card though? I bought the phone off Ebay (the auction site), so I unlocked and put my sim. Do I have to go and buy and Orange sim now or is there another way around it?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Unfortunately this information is old and with the latest updates only the Orange developers site method works.

All the information found in that above link is in the Articles section and the decert tool was created by Will

(one of the site moderators)

As for having a non orange SIM as I said in my last post here, read the first post of this Topic :)

That is the only info you need.

Also if you have GPRS problems use Passthrough so you connect to the internet via Activsync through your PC.

• 2 weeks later...