Official de-cert problem sorted! Update 11

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Guest awarner [MVP]

As you are not in the UK are you following the instructions on page 1 of

this topic? You need to have your phone connected to the internet on your PC using Passthrough.

As you are getting the message that your phone will be unlocked all you normally have to do is wait. Even though it states five minutes it can take a few hours to come through, so you need the phone connected to the PC while you are waiting.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yetanotherpunter

is there a way of doing it without using the orange way?? (have not got GPRS up and runnnin yet) :oops:

I remember hard resetting it and then pasting sum file with my old smartphone, but cant remember.

Guest awarner [MVP]

The old way has not worked in a long time, you do not need GPRS

to decert your phone. All you need to do is to use Passthrough so

your phone connects to the internet using your PC's connection.

It's explained in the first post of this topic.

• 1 month later...
Guest FragMeister

I have used a new way of app-unlocking, as I now have an O2 sim, and the Orange website method no longer works for me.

towards the bottom of this page on coolsmartphone there is a link to a file. Look for heading: I have an SPV / E100 / E200 - is there another way?

The instructions are not 100% accurate though with regards to where to put the files: You need to copy the Shortcut to IPSMwindowsstart menu. Then on the Phone, you will see the "Disable Security" shortcut under "Programs". click on it and you are done.

Very quick, easy and totally painless!!

Guest Axioms
I have used a new way of app-unlocking, as I now have an O2 sim, and the Orange website method no longer works for me.

towards the bottom of this page on coolsmartphone there is a link to a file. Look for heading: I have an SPV / E100 / E200 - is there another way?

The instructions are not 100% accurate though with regards to where to put the files: You need to copy the Shortcut to IPSMwindowsstart menu. Then on the Phone, you will see the "Disable Security" shortcut under "Programs". click on it and you are done.

amazingly the i cant even run the security disable program :evil: as itself needs a certificate to use it!!! :evil: Oh man... this sucks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rossd

Hi Guys,

I am trying to unlock my UK E200.

I have tried to access the url you have supplied for the orange site.

It doesn't look like the page exists any more.

• 1 month later...
Guest visor

I am having trouble de-certifying my SPV E200 Orange UK

I have been to the above site, it tells me that I should receive a message in 5 minutes that will de-cert the phone, that was three hours ago. Am I doing something wrong or just being impatient ?

Thanks, BTW this is one of the best Smartphone sites I have come across , keep up the good work !

Later

Visor

Guest Disco Stu

Elsewhere someone mentions trouble with Orange SIM-unlocking, so it's probably their mainframe. It can take a while to unlock sometimes. You may have to do it again as well if you get no response.

Welcome to the site mate :)

Guest stevo_knuckles

Thanks mate :wink:

Been reading everything on ths site for weeks before I got my spv e100 (bought it off my mate as he now hass the spv e200 and I wanted to try a windows smartphone . Got gprs working on o2 contract thanks to the help guides on here so everything is good.

Now to decertify and jobs a gooden.

cheers

Guest visor

Excellent, I have now been able to get my phone de-certified at last. Looks like there was a problem with the OTA server. Tried it this morning and it worked first time.

Now I am off to fill um my memory card !

Thanks Guys

Visor

Guest stevo_knuckles

Yep me too ... carried out the decert just as it said to on here with some help from other members and now phone ists runing sweet on gprs an decertified

happy days :)

• 2 months later...
Guest pierre

I tried all ways: Installed AE, the action lock is runing, but the phone stays mysteriously unregistered after dozens of attempts in all the ways.

On OTA, I do not get a message telling my IMEI is not registered, so I assume it might be registered as well (?) Yet, I tried dozens of time to unlock it through this OTA with all different ways (+4178xx, +41 78xx, 078xx) but nothing, no message coming on my phone. The funny part is it used to working very well back in January 2002.

I sent an e-mail to developers, and they replied back with an app called "security.exe" designed for my IMEI, but I can't install it as this app is not digitally signed!! I replied explaining them, but am not getting their answer...

Anyone has a clue what I could do?

My phone is logged on Orange Switzerland network, and it runs the 1.6 Swiss' update.

Guest awarner [MVP]

You need to explain to them the actual rom version you are running.

The security.exe file is the application unlock app for your phone

it will not work on any other phones.

• 4 months later...
Guest meremortal

I tried all these, but still no luck until I checked the imei number. The number on the box and inside the back of the phone was missing the last 2 digits. So get number by typing *#06# on phone and use that one there will be a extra 2 digits on the end, should be 17 digit number on box and under battery only shows 15 numbers (sim unlocking only needs first 15 numbers( mine was missing 01 at the end). Never had to use country code just entered phone number and it worked

Does anyone know if this works on the C500? One of the reasons I am waiting for the SP3i is that the whole unlock thing seems overly complicated. If I could unlock a C500 with a simple download I might need to think again.

Guest jcreedy

I've tried to get the unlock throught the Orange developer website and despite having activated my GPRS and tried entering the number in numerous ways, it doesn't send me anything.

I've also tried to use the unzip file but my phone won't allow me to drag the files to the phone from my cv drive!! :oops:

Any ideas? This is driving me mad!!

Guest cougal96

im tryin to app unlock a E200 with but its proving difficult - i have tried the OTA method (got to page - ur spv should be unlocked shortly up to 5 mins - 20 mins later nopeee) , from there i have tried orange register method (the exe downloadble run from phone - action register it used to be called) , i have tried coolsmartphones method (and found out security flaw bug has been fixed :wink:) now im stuck and dont know what to do! should i e-mail orange see what they can find out?

Guest Raven001

I'm tryign to decertify an Audiovox 5600 (aka C500). I've gotten a Passthrough-link up and working, but now I'm having problems running the Orange Register application. I've installed it (from my PC, using the download-able EXE), but when I try to run it from the Startmenu, it loads briefly and then exits.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I can't get the program to stay open. Any ideas?..... Anyone?

Thanks so much :)

Raven