How to pair bluetooth gps and spv m3100 with TOMTOM6. Tags: spv m3100 tomtom6

Guest Da Don

Guest crazyc
I am having a big problem getting tomtom6 to work on the spv m3100! I have recently purchased an i-Blue737 and I pair it successfully but the tomtom still wont pick it up!!

I have checked the following topic http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=244850, but I can't read the file, so that doesnt work!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

What version of Windows Mobile are you running. IIRC the external GPS module is not visible under WM5. You probably need to set the ports in the GPS module. Sorry if that makes little sense, but I have not used WM5 for ages (since before I had a BT GPS)

Guest rdwars
What version of Windows Mobile are you running. IIRC the external GPS module is not visible under WM5. You probably need to set the ports in the GPS module. Sorry if that makes little sense, but I have not used WM5 for ages (since before I had a BT GPS)

I'm using the iBlue 747 Pro on my Vario II and it works perfect. After pairing it, have you assigned a COM-port to it?

After you've done that, in TT6 you've got to select 'bluetooth gps' and then click the COM-port it's assigned to. In the manual of the 747 this is all explained clearly. Dunno though if this is being explained for the 737 as well however...

-edit- Oops i've quoted the wrong person lol

Edited by rdwars

Guest Da Don

I am running Windows Mobile Version 5.0 (5.1.195). It pairs properly, but not with Port 6 (thats the port which everyone seems to have a problem with). I paired it with Port 0, it shows up in the Port list in TomTom b ut it doesn't seem to pair it!!

I have looked at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry826087 but the problem still persists!

Guest FrankyG
I am running Windows Mobile Version 5.0 (5.1.195). It pairs properly, but not with Port 6 (thats the port which everyone seems to have a problem with). I paired it with Port 0, it shows up in the Port list in TomTom b ut it doesn't seem to pair it!!

I have looked at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry826087 but the problem still persists!

Without stating the obvious...try going outside so that your GPS unit has sat fix. Do you know for sure that your GPS unit is working? Have you tried to use it with any other software successfully?

Frankyg

Guest Lordsmiff

Don't know if it will help but for my bluettoth receiver, I awlys pair it up with the bluettoth first and then create a serial port connection to it on COM5 - this has worked every time for mine so fingerds crossed for you :rolleyes:

Smiffy.