SPV M3100 help needed please for newbiee

Guest Dr X

First off i would like to say thanks to all on the forum for giving us such a greta forum, been brousing for a few days now and have registered now.

Ok here is my problem i`m having with my SPV M3100 ..... please bare with me as new to all this lol.

Ok my SPV was bought only a few weeks ago (2nd June) and is 2nd hand, but is liie new.

The phone it self is or was on orange network, but i use voda, and so after some reading here on the forum i noticed the tread about un-locking to use on all networks.

I checked and double checked all info and tips and so went on to un-lock it to all networks, which i was amazed as it was my first try and worked a treat.

Now the problem i`m having is that it will show the 3G and the sim card network Voda or even the wifes O2 ect network and so on, and all the things work great with the WiFi and i`m able to use everything and proggy, but for some reason, when i go to use the phone it show its ringing the number then cuts off ??

I got the misses to ring me from her phone and its giving a engaged tone when she trys to ring me ?

Now the phone was working fine b4 i dont the edits, but now its like i have not set something right in the main system or setings on the phone.

Knowing me its probly staring me in the face and i`m not seeing it :rolleyes: and so i have now come to the point that its best to ask all you profesionals as to what i have to do or set it.

I have also done the hard reset ect, and as i had the 1.04 system on the phone, i also done the new upgrade, then done the sim un-lock thing so it would except all sims.

Any hep would be very much greatfull, and i would like to thank all in advance for any help giving. :P

Regards

Doc

Guest Rob.P

Can you establish a dataconnection, ie surf the web? Just asking to see if the probs limited to phone calls only or any communciations to the network.

Can you establish a dataconnection, ie surf the web? Just asking to see if the probs limited to phone calls only or any communciations to the network.

Hi Rob and thanks for your quick reply.

If i say try to connect to the net via the WiFi it will find my router and alow me on right away with out any problem.

What i have just tryed was connect to the net useing say a sim card, my son is on 3G and so i have just tryed that, and this is the error which i get...

If i click onto the phone symbol the aerial part it says NO SERVICE and gives the option TURN ON FLIGHT MODE or SETINGS.

So i take it that i am unable to use a 3G sim card.

I have my voda sim in it now and it changes the 3G symbol and turns it into a letter G, and then some times if i loos signal it goes back to the 3G one.

If i click onto the aerial signal part it tells me 3G VODAFONE UK in the text, so i take it that it has picked and found the sim and netwok. ?

But say if i try ring the credit line 2345 on the phone it shows it trying to connect and then stops ?

If i say use another phone to ring my sim in my SPV it gives a dead tone and doesnt even ring, and says on the phone Call Failed Not Available. ???

I have tryed a few sims in my SPV and even thoe it picks them up and if i click onto the aerial part its not leting me call out or except calls in ?

I know it was working before on orange as the guy i bought it off showed me and i saw it working ect, but i dont have a orange sim card to try till later on tonight when a friend is calling who is on the network.

I have changed the system and unlocked it to except all sims but i dont know what else i have done that has done this ? used the software off the forum here and followed it to the last detail and tripple checked it all before i dont any changes.

It might just be a simple seting that i need to change or set i dont know, sorry as i`m totaly new to all this, and for a 40+ year old its anoying as i thought i could do it all lol.

Every thing else on the phone seems to be working fine, and just as before i made and done the changes ect.

If i click onto say the Internet explorer it comes up with ORANGE WORLD and say if i try to goto ask jeeves it says connecting to orange GPRS WAP and then fails ?

It then says Cannot Connect for an unknowen reason. and for me to check my connection setings ect. and if i hit the settings it takes me to Orange World with 3 options and My Work Network with three settings.

From readin on the forum this if probly because of the info on the phone it still has the orange info in it still, i just dont know.

Hope this helps m8 rob in way of you been able to help me out, as its so anoying lol, and its strange as to the way such little things get to you lol but i know i have to have patents and will finaly get it sorted with the help from people like yourself.

Guest Rob.P

Just a quick thing before I go to bed, when you have your Vodafone SIM in somewhere in this forum should be some Vodafone info on settings or a cab file that will set the phone up with all the vodafone settings. Give that a go just to make sure you have all the correct settings for your network, worth ago but I won't make any guarantees.

Gotta dash will check back on Sunday if your still having grief (got the missus birthday tomorrow). Hopefully oneof the other helpful souls on here will throw in there pence worth as well :rolleyes:

Guest Neil5459

I'm afraid this is nothing to do with settings :rolleyes:

The Phone functions will either work or not when an appropriate SIM is inserted.

You have tried a number of SIMs in your Hermes, and none work, though you haven't tried an Orange one.

2 things are necessary to test: do the SIM's that didn't work, work OK in another phone (ie, the SIM account is OK)?

Can you borrow an Orange SIM to try?

If the Orange SIM works, then your 'Unlocking' didn't work properly, and needs redoing.

If the Orange SIM doesn't work, the most likely explanation is that the phone has been reported lost or stolen, and the IMEI number is being blocked by the mobile operators.

A 3rd, but unlikely possibility is that the phone ROM has become corrupted, but as you are able to see the connection icon showing G (normal GSM) or 3G (UMTS Signal present) this is unlikely. Look under Start/Settings/System/Device Info and see what version is listed for the Radio ROM.

Hi rob and first i would like to wish your good wife a happy birthday and hope she has a great day :P :D

Hi Neil5459 and thanks for your input.

Ok first off a friend called last night that is on orange and i tryed his sim card in the phone and it worked fine, was able to ring out ect and brouse the net ect.

But like you mentioned Neil5459 the phone is not stolen or reported as such ect as the friend who i bought it off is a propper friend m8 and would not do such a thing, but yes at a point i was thinking the same.

As mentioned, i think it might be something that i have done when i changed the phone and tryed to get it to do the full sim thing and there in is probly were my problem lies..... as i mentioned i`m a propper newbie and was my first go lol.

And no doubt you both hear and read such things like my post all the time :rolleyes: :D

I did try all types of sims Neil and none worked, except the orange one and as it is original on orange network i think i have done the upgrade wrong in some way, and so even thoe it excepts the sims it not alowing me to ring or except calls.

So as yous have said i probly need to do the re-doing of the unlocking for it to except the sims.

I will give this a go today again and see if it works, but i just wanted to make sure before i done it, as its always best to ask before doing such a thing and saves you braking the phone in my eyes.

I`m wanting to give the phone once done to my 16 year old son but he doesnt know this yet as i want it to be some what of a suprise for him.

The rom thing i`m a bit afraid to do, but as you say Neil it not a rom issue then i will just try the flash again, and the one i`m useing is from here called (HTC_Hermes_SIM_CID_Unlock_v3a) is this the propper version i need to use ? as its the one i tryed before.

Just i`m thinking it might not be the right one so its best to ask.

Thanks to you both Rob and Neil for the time and help yous both have given to me on this matter and i`m very much greatfull, and think the forum and the members like yourself is what makes the forum so enjpyable and a great community to join.

Dr X

Well i have now done the re-flash again and this time i noticed something that i never done before, in other words i done it wrong and was an error on my part, and now when i click on the little aerial symbol it says PHONE No Service, and then there is a Settings which i go into.

If i click onto settings and goto NETWORK i see it says Current Network: No Service so i goto Set Networks.

It goes through the reading settings from network and in side there is a load of networks and most of them have the tick mark in the box to the left of them.

But when i go to the bottom of the list i see the Vodafone UK and T-Mobile UK and 02 ect that are not ticked.

So i tick them and then click on the OK.

It then does the sending new settings to network and the phone take a small while and then i try to see if my vodafone sim works, but i still get the error no service so i switch off the phone and turn back on and the networks i previously ticked are now un-ticked ?

I now try to do the manual network selection useing a 3G sim, and when i do it manualy i can see that it excepts the sim and shows in the setings 3G 3 and above top it shows next to the aerial a 3G sign, and so i ring the test number and what do you know it worked on 3G and the sim works. :rolleyes:

I now switch off the phone and insert my vodaphone sim and do the manual network and pick the vodaphone UK network and test it ringing the credit line number and i get a error tone and then a disconection ?

So i get the misses to ring my number and it is dead ?

I know i`m begining to be a pain in the butt now to most of you, but there must be something that i`m doing wrong or have to tick ? or even flash to the phone.

Most of the networks are ticked except the main UK one like voda / o2 / 3G / and orange, but at least i now know it works on two networks, the orange and 3G but not the others ?

Dr X

Guest Neil5459

How old is the Vodafone SIM card?

You need to ask Voda for a new SIM card that is compliant with USIM standard, which is what 3G phones use. As far as I was aware, all SIM's ought to work, but a SIM update may be the only solution. You have proven that the phone works, by using the 3G SIM (which operator was it?)

Once you haev a compatible SIM crd, you should leave the network settings on Auto- the phone will connect to the host operator's service automatically. Once done, you will need to go into the Phone Settings/Netweork Services and select Call Forwarding and SMS, then Get Settings to download the correct access numbers.

Hi neail

Well with you asking

How old is the Vodafone SIM card?
well i think that might be it, as i`ve had this sime for quite a few years now.

I lost it in a older phone about 2 years ago and got a new one with the same number, so with you saying this, well it just might be that the sim is now comaptible, and i totaly nderstand that, as it works fine in my sony ericsson K510i but then its not in the league as the SPV M3100 and the features that it holds.

The 3G number was a check number i saw posted on another forum and off hand i cant remember it but was a 3 number digit something like 689 or something, and when i rang it, it did connect and work.

So all in all with the help from yourself and rob i`ve managed to do it and this time done it propper, so i would like to thank yous for the help in geting it to work, thnaks :rolleyes:

Now to try and get the orange front screen changed as i know it not that hard to do and have seen such info on the forum here.

Thanks again and keep up the great work guys :P

Dr X