newbie to vario II, just a few probs

Guest tommyotto

Guest tommyotto

Just recently got my Vario II and i have a few questions.

1. The volume playback on music is pretty poor and the handset volume is at 100% is there a registry hack or third party booster program that will increase volume. Especially when using tomtom in the car it's hard to hear over the engine.

2. When i use activesync it kills the wireless internet connection on my laptop. I cannot get it back until i unplug the phone and i do have the latest version of activesync.

3. is there a website that hosts .cab files for software downloads. rather than me hunt down various websites for just one program.

4. Is there a decent championship manager game for the hermes? t-mobile list there being no games for the vario II

Also volume is quiet with headphones, i am not after the ear bleeding volume you can get from an ipod. but this volume level is way too low.

Edited by tommyotto

Guest Rob.P

The WiFi problem I had for a bit but fixed by going into connections on the phone and disabling the advanced USB connection tick box. I think the IP address or networking feature of the advanced USB connection was interferring with the WiFi setup.

Check out Handango for software they should have something on there.

As for the rest of the Q's I'm sure someone will be along in abit to answer the rest of them :rolleyes:

Guest tommyotto

cheers for the usb fix, worked a treat. gonna try to edit the registry file now to increase the volume. however i cannot find it. have downloaded total commander as the registry editor. for some reason i was expecting to see a regedit file in the windows directory

Guest tommyotto

right after playing around. and with some help have answered the questions. i list the answers for anyone else who has these questions.

1. the speakers are not as good as say a sony ericcson w800. turn them up too loud say using Mortplayer and they will become distorted. But they can be tweaked a little louder using this mp3 playback software.

2. See the Rob.P post, thanks again fella

3. as for cabs etc. most websites will sell you the software. simply google. Also check the sticky post for the HTC hermes for pauls recommended software.

4. Championship manager software is a no no. would recommend cm online, however suffering from flash player problems. gonna try opera 8.65b. will keep posted if it works

5. Earphones suffer from the same problem as q1. Not sure if this problem carries over to 3.5mm headphones and bluetooth headphones.

Guest jimbouk

I would never listen to music from a phone's speaker. I would either use a2dp to listen to it over the car stereo or simply plug a good pair of headphones in.

Guest tommyotto

does a2dp usage on the hermes (vario II) actually increase music volume and quality? Has anyone tested it or use it on the hermes? Or will the adapter to normal headphones increase my listening pleasure?

Guest jimbouk

The original a2dp isnt awesome - but there are various tweaks (particularly to the latest wm6 roms) that improve it.

And the volume isnt important if you are playing it through a car stereo as you use the stereo to amplify the sound anyway.

(There are actually loads of registry tweaks to improve sound quality on the phones - have a look over at XDA-developers for a2d tweaks)